• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

New PS4Forum.com Feeback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
It has been a long week for me. I've been ticking off the to-do list one-by-one. If you'd like to see the initial changelog, here it is. I'm making this thread to collect feedback about the new PS4Forum.com and to see what I can do to improve the site. What features do you want? What would improve the chances of you posting here...?

Please post your feedback, ideas, comments, and ideas for improvement!

Alex_68

Hey Carlos,

the Forum's layout is very pleasant so I've nothing to suggest you in this case. My compliments for your good work on it.

Maybe it's me, but I can't edit my signature and one thing I loved in the previous version were the site trophies. I'd like to have them back if possible and easy to handle.

And also it whould be nice to be able to edit already posted messages, if possible (to avoid double posts and to correct mistakes).

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Maybe it's me, but I can't edit my signature and one thing I loved in the previous version were the site trophies. I'd like to have them back if possible and easy to handle.
I will work on the permissions in the next few days. I've been working behind the scenes on some issues with the site - they're fixed right now, but that was what's been keeping me at bay with fixing the other things. I can see your signature right now, the only thing I've disabled is the ability for signatures - to guests. That kills any chance of advertising on a much global scale, it can mostly be seen by members.

But rest assured, I'll look at your permissions to see how I can fix it. Just not now. I'm tired, drained. Nothing related to the site, but something else.
And also it whould be nice to be able to edit already posted messages, if possible (to avoid double posts and to correct mistakes).
Once again, I'll look at this. Just a piece of warning to anyone, though: Please do not make editing a way to hurt the site. I've seen this a few times over the last few years, and I disabled it for a few of my sites now. I don't want to do it for PS4Forum, but the minute I see someone editing posts to make it seem empty. I'm revoking the permission. This is your first and last warning. (Not to you specifically, just a warning to anyone, really.)

Alex_68

Hi Carlos,

no rush man, take your time and do changes when you want. I just put my thoughts in this topic, with no timeline of course :)

About editing posts: english isn't my mother language so I make many mistakes while writing. Editing posts allows me to correct them.

You haven't mentioned the site trophies so I assume we will not have them back, right?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
About editing posts: english isn't my mother language so I make many mistakes while writing. Editing posts allows me to correct them.
I'm happy to give you that option, but there are people who ruin this for everyone else. I can revoke it by person to person basis, but I've seen a few that do it. I'm just making the disclaimer for anyone who wants to do it.
You haven't mentioned the site trophies so I assume we will not have them back, right?
I'll get to that eventually. I can do it, it's just that I won't use the same images. Those images are gone. I deleted the vB backup. (It interrupts everything I am doing right now. For a short time, I had to downgrade the backend just to be able to have vB4 in the background - in fact, before the downgrade, we were using php7.2. vB4 was php5.3, we were using 5.4 for compatibility reasons only.)

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I've never seen Lethal on here before.

Once again, I'll look at this. Just a piece of warning to anyone, though: Please do not make editing a way to hurt the site. I've seen this a few times over the last few years, and I disabled it for a few of my sites now. I don't want to do it for PS4Forum, but the minute I see someone editing posts to make it seem empty. I'm revoking the permission. This is your first and last warning. (Not to you specifically, just a warning to anyone, really.)

I have to agree with Alex on the post editing. I've never noticed any abuse of people editing their posts here. I mean, I generally proofread my posts before hitting the button, but sometimes I find a glaring spelling/grammatical mistake or I want to add something to my post that I thought of as an after thought. I'm sure a lot of people are like me as well where that happens. Generally, I add an EDIT tag under the post (I'm old school like that :) ). But, if you do block that permission, would members be able to message a Mod like myself to edit at the Mod's discretion?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I have to agree with Alex on the post editing. I've never noticed any abuse of people editing their posts here. I mean, I generally proofread my posts before hitting the button, but sometimes I find a glaring spelling/grammatical mistake or I want to add something to my post that I thought of as an after thought. I'm sure a lot of people are like me as well where that happens. Generally, I add an EDIT tag under the post (I'm old school like that :) ). But, if you do block that permission, would members be able to message a Mod like myself to edit at the Mod's discretion?
I'll discuss this in the mod forum. Check there.

In the next few days, I'll think about fixing some issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements