• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Is Home dead? Do you use it?will it be on ps4?

venomeye

I have tried to go in to Home and I got board senseless within 10 minutes, its just one area I don't even bother with now.
So my question is do you guys still use it? What are your thoughts on it am I missing out on something huge here?
Do you think it will be part of the Playstation 4?

Haze

I don't think it'll be part of the PS4 honestly.

I didn't mind Home. I "socialized" there for a few hours way back and while I thought it was all good, it's just full of horny guys running up to the girls and hitting on them. There are some really creepy bastards on there. But occasionally you meet some nice people that just want to chat.

BlackSolaris

Professional Escapologist
It's one of those things that it's just there. Will it come back for the PS4? Maybe. Some people spent a lot of money on the PS3's Home, so it would be a bad move from Sony.
I do go there sometimes, just explore the new places and that is it. It's nice to have a personal apartment with a bunch of items, but unfortunately, the novelty wears out fast.

HydraForce

Not once have I ever signed into PlayStation Home or felt the need to. It was a cool idea as a social hub, but seeing as there's no music to be heard, no real voice chat to be used, and just limited activities to participate in, it kind of failed pretty quickly. I personally hope they don't bring it back to the PlayStation 4 as it just clogs up their PSN network and is extra software that's not really needed. Unless they can make it an actual SOCIAL HUB, where you can join it, meet up with some friends, then everyone heads over to a Call of Duty hub and they get placed into a match, that'd be pretty cool.

RaggaJungle

I think if PS4 is going to have anything remotely to PS Home, they should include a lot more features. I think PS Home is a good idea, and some map locations are really quite interesting, however it still has a very generic feel to it, and it gets boring quite quickly. I also think they are quite stingy on the price of items such as clothing and things for your home. I haven't played PS Home for a while now, I think the best thing about it is the bowling alley and the pool area.

xxfearless

I've used Home briefly in the past and I'm not too sure I'd want to go there again. The initial character creation was fun, kind of like the Sims, and I enjoyed the chat aspect... until I realized the kind of people that hung out there. I'm a girl with a girl avatar, so I got hit on no matter what I was doing in there, which took a lot of the fun out of it. I also don't like how Home had such limited activities; clothes shopping was only fun if you wanted to spend real money, there were hardly any minigames, and the 'theater' area just played the same few PS3 trailers over and over again. I got very bored, very fast.

I ventured into there not long ago because I heard they had partnered with Pottermore to bring some scenes from Harry Potter over. While it was cool to walk around Diagon Alley and the Hogwarts Express for a while, the novelty wore off. There was only one minigame to be played, and all the 'shops' were pay-to-play. It might have been more fun if I had PSN friends who also use Home, but walking around alone just isn't for me. If they bring anything like that back for PS4, I'd like to see more content - especially free content.

DrRipley

I tried it out the first few days when my PS3 was new and I didn't have that much games yet. I talked to some people, but it just got old really fast and I never went there ever again after those first few times. Instead, I just bought a lot more games so I can use the console for what it really was made for which is to actually play games.

TheViper

Home is just full of weirdos and pervs. I came a across a girl pretending to be a guy and a guy pretending to be a girl. The sad part is they approached me and we had good conversation for about 10 minutes. Then it all went to sexual weirdness.

I don't use Home anymore. It was innovative but never caught on with people.

danealegana

I wished theyd remove it. A lot of not so nice, undesirable things there.

I never use it anymore. Its creepy! Its like they want to rape me or something!

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements