• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Have you had any issues with your PS3?

Esperahol

I've never had any issues with my PS3, but I have heard of a few problems like overheating and such. Have you had any issues with yours? And if so what is the kind and age of your system? It'll be interesting to compare this to what I know of the 360 and it's particular flaws.

Haze

I have a PS3 Slim. I've had it for maybe a couple of years now and the only problem it has is if you switch the console on and eject a disc immediately after turning the console on (1-3 seconds) my PS3 will not boot up. That's the only issue I have with mine. Other then that, works perfectly.

Esperahol

Interesting. I wonder why it does that? On an unrelated note, how did you feel about the recent Superman movie? A lot of people panned it, but I felt like it did a really good job of establishing Superman as a character. I mean this is a kid with power in a situation he could never hope to imagine doing his best to get the job done - "a world of cardboard" indeed.

brad

Tons of issues literally so many my chunky is terrible for it i have had to reset it 5 times since it has corrupted and deleted everything, but i don't really mind i don't do single player much.

Haze

Interesting. I wonder why it does that? On an unrelated note, how did you feel about the recent Superman movie? A lot of people panned it, but I felt like it did a really good job of establishing Superman as a character. I mean this is a kid with power in a situation he could never hope to imagine doing his best to get the job done - "a world of cardboard" indeed.

Well, obviously I loved it. I loved it so much that it became my favourite movie of all time. I won't go further then that because I could easily write an essay on why I loved it :)

TheMac

Well, obviously I loved it. I loved it so much that it became my favourite movie of all time. I won't go further then that because I could easily write an essay on why I loved it :)

I was pleased that they moved away from the Donner version of Superman into something that resembled the more modern takes that have been in the comics since the mid-80s.

Esperahol

Tons of issues literally so many my chunky is terrible for it i have had to reset it 5 times since it has corrupted and deleted everything, but i don't really mind i don't do single player much.

So one vote for Chunky and one for Slim... did I seriously luck out? Nah, I probably just didn't play it enough or something.

Good for you. I liked that they decided to do an origin like story for it, and that they let the Man of Steel show a few spots of rust. Unfortunately that apparently makes me a bad person or something.

crazyduck

I have had only one issue and that is freezing every now and again. It mostly happens when it gets hot though, so that is understandable.

Esperahol

I have had only one issue and that is freezing every now and again. It mostly happens when it gets hot though, so that is understandable.

And that is why I have purchased a very nice laptop cooler. It has worked very, very well thus far. I wonder if this is going to be a thing on the next gen consoles... I hope not.

amazingone

Yes, I have had several issues. I had a slim that would oftentimes not read the MLB The Show 2010 disc. It would say something like "disc read error". I had a "fatty" playstation that broke down completely. It just stopped reading every single disc. It was from the original launch of PS3 though. The slim that I got afterwards worked fine for a year until that problem with MLB The Show. Now it reads the discs (regardless of game) about 30% of the time. I am extremely disappointed with Sony.

bknight

I have my ps3 for more than 5yr now and surprisingly I've never had any issues with it, only thing I've had to change on the console was the HDD which was only 40GB size since it was one of the very first ones flat PS3, but couldn't find any more issues with the console if what I've just said can be even called an 'issue', I play on a daily basis, when I'm at college it drops a few hours but I'm still using the console for media playing so it has a very above average usage if you ask me, and fortunately, it never gave me any problems.

BlackSolaris

Professional Escapologist
Only a few ocassional freezes (only in a few games, it's not the console itself) and save data corruption (but that is because of blackouts and what not, appearing when i am saving, damn bastards!).

GetFresh

For the most part, I haven't had any issues with my PS3. So far it has only overheated and shut off on me twice out of it's 4 year use. I love my PS3 and use it way more than my Xbox 360.

stoudman

Well, my PS3 does have its moments. We all know about the angry beeps, but a few weeks ago my blu-ray discs were getting stuck in the drive and wouldn't come out. It was really weird, but it has since stopped. I've also had a few other issues such as games freezing the entire system and what not, but it's still working pretty well all things considered. A few issues, perhaps, but still good to go. :)

Jaymun

The 'touch' type buttons for eject and power on my fat ps3 have lost most of their sensitivity. I eject and power on/off via the controller, but when the console is unplugged and moved I can't turn it on with the controller, so I have to physically open it up and touch the metal part that serves as the button and then put the case back on

Fleexie

Nope I have been really lucky I have had no problem with my PS3.
Only one time it lagged a bit however it was only for a few seconds, else than that it has worked like a charm.

wowtgp

I have been a Xbox gamer for all my life. Just bought a PS3 last year and it's working flawlessly so far.

Kidzukai

Sadly, my Playstation 3 received the orange light of death sometime in 2012. I believe this pertains to a hard drive failure and I have never sought out help to get it repaired. I figured I'd just wait on the Playstation 4 to come out. I feel bad though, my dad is a hardcore Resident Evil fan, and played through Resident Evil 5 almost every day. My dad just loves killing zombies and unlocking new guns. I'd try to get it repaired just to save his data.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements