• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PS5 WEIRD Graphic issues - NOT on all games

Bonzales

Hi

I bought second hand PS5 and I think I got scammed as I was certain everything works fine.
Well I may just say that 2 out of 10 games do not work as expected. I get some weird graphic problems .
For example

Farming Simulator 2022 (Digital PS5 edition) link here

NOTE: Same game, but PS4 version works just fine !

Teardown (PS5 Digital Edition)

Some games work just Fine, like Spider-Man 2, or FIFA23

I tried on different HDMI cables, different HDMI ports. Three different TV's. I tried to reset console to factory settings. And I also tweaked graphic settings in safe mode. Nothing seems to resolve this.

Has anyone got a clue what may be the problem ? Please help :)

Last edited:

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I tried on different HDMI cables, different HDMI ports. Three different TV's. I tried to reset console to factory settings. And I also tweaked graphic settings in safe mode. Nothing seems to resolve this.
You need HDMI 2.1 TV. You need the original HDMI 2.1 cable that came with the system.

If not, call Sony.

Remember:

HDMI 2.1

Bonzales

You need HDMI 2.1 TV. You need the original HDMI 2.1 cable that came with the system.

If not, call Sony.

Remember:

HDMI 2.1

I will try that Asap. Till now I thought I was using original PS5 cable.
But I may be wrong. Thank for advise.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I will try that Asap. Till now I thought I was using original PS5 cable.
But I may be wrong. Thank for advise.
I'm not trying to make you feel bad, but NEVER, ever use a different HDMI cable than the one cable that originally came with your exact PlayStation 5 console. This was true forever, but people don't get it; it's about compatibility. Does the cable "handshake" with the device well? Yes? Great! Don't change it. There's fake cables, there's low specifications cable, it's a whole thing. You know what, let me put it this way...

Relevant to the discussion. But I will throw extra videos for your "food for thought..."

These are broad topics around USB, but in general - this extends to HDMI, because the consortium body that manages the "rules" we'll call them - they want to sell these USB cables, they want to sell these HDMI cables, but fail on the "handshaking" part, because these companies lie about their bullshit.

Sony recommends to ALWAYS use the cable that came with the system. I follow in that footsteps, because of the handshaking.

So, back to PlayStation 5, and the HDMI cable(s): Never. Ever. Never. Never. Never... NEVER use third party HDMI cables with your new PlayStation 5. Ever.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements