• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Great games are rare these days?

hddmag

Does anybody feel that great games are so rare to come by these days? I have followed video games for a decade now, and I am quite disappointed with things as they are. The PS4 has been great at handling multiplatform games and remasters, but it has yet to get a must-have exclusive, don't you think? We are now two years into the new cycle, and all we have got is a plethora of remasters and very few new quality IPs. Games are delayed again and again, and when they are eventually released, they never live up to the hype. My faith in this generation is really wavering!
Maybe because developers now focus on rushing their games, publishing one after another without thinking major improvements they can do from the previous release.

WABelville

Does anybody feel that great games are so rare to come by these days? I have followed video games for a decade now, and I am quite disappointed with things as they are. The PS4 has been great at handling multiplatform games and remasters, but it has yet to get a must-have exclusive, don't you think? We are now two years into the new cycle, and all we have got is a plethora of remasters and very few new quality IPs. Games are delayed again and again, and when they are eventually released, they never live up to the hype. My faith in this generation is really wavering!
Agree with you!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
lindbergh Great games I never played: Psychonauts PlayStation Legacy 1
DrRipley Obscure But Great PSP Games PlayStation Legacy 1
lindbergh Great games I never played: Gungrave PlayStation Legacy 4
lindbergh Great games I never played: Viewtiful Joe 2 PlayStation Legacy 5
lindbergh Great games I never played: DOA 2 Hardcore PlayStation Legacy 4
lindbergh Great games I never played: SSX PlayStation Legacy 6
lindbergh Great games I never played: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus PlayStation Legacy 3
lindbergh Great 2D games for the PSX PlayStation Legacy 3
Jaymun Great PC games from around 2003-2008? PC Games 12
Medza EA launches the 'Great Game Guarantee' - offering full refunds on all games on origin PC Games 1
Joker99352 Great games with significant flaws? PlayStation 3 1
Eringobragh916 Hope everyone is having a great night Introduce Yourself 3
L It Is Great Other Gaming Talk 0
T Watch my Ustream; The Not So Great Gameplay of Alien Isolation :) PlayStation 4 1
Ridge Japanese Xbox One Commercial Is Pretty Great Other Gaming Talk 18
D Big review sites giving great scores to big publishers Other Gaming Talk 16
lindbergh BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasama - a great game for versus game fans? PlayStation 4 0
Z Hello From The Great White North Introduce Yourself 5
lindbergh Odin Sphere - the last great 2D platform game on the PS2 PlayStation Legacy 2
lindbergh What were the great features of Syphon Filter 2? PlayStation Legacy 4
jstep7262 Ubisoft reveals Valiant Hearts: The Great War for the PS3 and PS4 PlayStation 4 3
NatureSun Counterspy looks great, plays poorly PlayStation 4 6
C Great excitment and a few concerns of dice handeling this game. PlayStation 4 3
asianboi2252 Final Fantasy Ultimate Box Collection...a great deal or a huge ripoff PlayStation 3 15
Carlos PlayStation 5 Games to be revealed on June 4th PlayStation 5 1
Preach2k Release Date, Games, Final Design, Controller & more! PlayStation 5 0
E [PS4 Beginner] Tips and easy games to learn & build skills for Action-Adventure PlayStation 4 0
Preach2k PS5 | HUGE PlayStation 5 Rumor | NEW Ps5 ONLY Games | Should Sony Have Cross-Gen | Ps5 News! PlayStation 5 0
D Buying games digital instead of disc PlayStation 4 3
Carlos Full List of PlayStation Classic games announced! PlayStation Legacy 1
Oberon PlayStation Plus Free Games December 2017 revealed PlayStation 4 3
Derri Should Games With Random Loot Boxes Be Made 18+ and come with warnings. Other Gaming Talk 0
T Games you should not buy. PlayStation 4 0
Oberon PlayStation Plus Free Games November revealed PlayStation 4 1
Oberon PlayStation Plus Free Games October revealed PlayStation 4 0
Oberon PlayStation Plus Free Games September revealed PlayStation 4 0
S A way out PS 4 Game Trailer By | PS Games PlayStation 4 0
Oberon PlayStation Plus Free Games August revealed PlayStation 4 0
B Sharing PS+/ Digital Games PlayStation 4 1
A can I record my games at ps4 slim ? PlayStation 4 1
M Needing some players for a more acurrate and longer hunger games PlayStation 4 1
Oberon PlayStation Plus Free Games July 2017 revealed PlayStation 4 0
Oberon Sega Forever (bringing games from past Sega consoles onto mobile platforms for FREE Other Gaming Talk 0
Oberon PlayStation Plus Free Games for June now available PlayStation 4 4
Oberon PlayStation Plus Free Games April revealed PlayStation 4 0
F PSX games on PS3 PlayStation 3 2
A hi and PS4 wont read games or perform updates PlayStation 4 1
S ps4 games question PlayStation 4 6
Oberon PlayStation Plus Free Games February revealed PlayStation 4 0
I Has anyone dealt with the low-scale AA while playing games? PlayStation 4 0