• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Xbox One's Best Game

Ciel

See-Elle
I will not be getting an Xbox One, but I will admit that Titanfall looks incredible.

unwittyoneliner

Titanfall, without a doubt. But even then, it won't remain a Microsoft exclusive for too long a time. It'll probably be ported over to the PS4 in 2014.

wowtgp

Here are my favorates. Titanfall, Ryse, the game in development by Remedy and few others. Other than these games, there isn't much.

Dmadman72

I Shall Finish The Game
Ryse looks like the best game the xbone has to offer. Titanfall being a timed exclusive from what I read doesn't really count.

SpiralArchitect

TitanFall is frankly the only XBox One exclusive that I think has the potential to set the gaming scene afire. Everything else won't even amount to a candle flame.

That said, I won't be getting an XBox One and will actually wait for TF to become available on PS4. I have a strong feeling that will happen sooner or later.

dannyboy

Titanfall is going to be an outstanding game. I cannot wait to get it. I have high expecatations for it and i think it will deliver.

Kwizkey

Battlefield 4 come at me. The beta was awesome, yes it needed patching up but it was still epic. Cannot wait for the release as it's the one thing I will pounce upon as soon as it hits the shelves. When the newest Halo comes out, I'll definitely be getting that however I just don't think it will have the same appeal as previous Halo games as I'm just not as hyped for as I was for Halo 3.

dannyboy

Battlefield 4 come at me. The beta was awesome, yes it needed patching up but it was still epic. Cannot wait for the release as it's the one thing I will pounce upon as soon as it hits the shelves. When the newest Halo comes out, I'll definitely be getting that however I just don't think it will have the same appeal as previous Halo games as I'm just not as hyped for as I was for Halo 3.

Battlefield has always been one of my favorite games. There is a lot of action and excitement in that gaming series.

turklife

Ryse probably looks the best, but I would say that Battlefield 4 is the best game on the Xbox One right now. Yes, there have and continue to be problems with the game but when you look at the amount of time you can get out of the games that are available, Battlefield takes the cake.

mizore742

I think Battlefield 4 on any game station is absolutely breath taking. It really makes you feel the quality of the next gen consoles. It is most definitely the best game on the Xbox One right now but who knows maybe a new contender will come. Hopefully Halo 5 will be really good, I'm expecting a lot from them.

swagger

Titanfall, hands down. It looks amazing, hopefully it's the new COD. Also, I'm looking forward to Destiny as I loved Halo and I love shooters and RPGs.

yossup

As many have said, titanfall. Although now that it's out now, I've gotten to play it and I think it's slightly overrated. The action is super fast paced and literally there's no nervousness because you're so busy dealing with action everywhere. It's just non-stop action all the time and I feel it can get jaded after a little while.

Lethal

Banned
Sunset Overdrive is without a doubt the best game on the console. It is really the only XB1 game that has pulled me away from my PS4.

Cpt Blackadder

Pretty much had every game the Xb has to offer next gen, thanks to being a reviewer and getting them for free :)

Best game on Xb1.

Have to say the exclusives are remarkably good.

If i was to put them in order though,

1 - Titanfall. - Not since Cod4 have i enjoyed a FPS like this. It's fresh, exciting, works wonderfully well thanks to the dedicated servers ( looking right at you COD advanced warefare ) and does have that X factor. The thing that really seperates the game is in the stuff we don't see. That being it's perfectly balanced gameplay. No one gun, class, titan, is better than anything else. Perfect fun shooter that now with all the updates, co-op mode horde, challanges, is still fresh to me now than it was when i got it

Some of my gameplay

2 - Forza Horizon 2 - Gone completely under the radar, but this gem of a game looks utterly stunning, ( i believe 1080p 60fps which is something the Xb1 IS actually capable of with the right developer ) and matches superb racing with a car club culture, with fantastic presentation, smooth transistion to MP/SP, lots of varierty, and again huge bundles of fun. The game is so good, it's enjoyable to just cruise around the gorgeous world and watch the sun go down along the mediterean coast line... stunning game

3 - RYSE - The game got lambasted for it's basic combabt, but a year down the line, the combabt on RYSE is far more in depth than Diablo/Shadow of Mordor, so it's not the bad game the press gave it the label of. Games like Dynasty Warriors get by as a franchise with far less combat options than RYSE. The game has stunning visuals, super smooth, interesting story, fun co-op multiplayer, and to me was / is a system seller for anyone wondering how good next gen games can look. Fantastic presentation

4 - Sunset Overdrive - In a world filled with sandbox type games, it's really hard to have a new identity and be special, but Sunset manages it. It does this with the wonderful in game humour, stunning smooth visuals, exciting but challanging gameplay. Master the traversal of the maps is a skill by itself. The game has it's faults, but as an owner of Infamous Second Son as well, Sunset is a funnier better structured game than Infamous is.

Some of my gameplay

5 - Forza 5 - No it's not got the content of Forza 4, but you know what, it's still a stunningly good game. 1080p and 60 fps never looked so good. Plays superbly online, with friends or offline. No doesn't have the tracks or cars in quantity, but it makes up for this in the quality of what you do get. Take a spin around the Nurburg 24 hour track on F5, and then tell me the game isn't stunning.

Games to be exctited about coming to XB1

TOMB RAIDER baby :)
Halo Master Chief edition next week - quote from gamespot ( defines what HD collections should be like )
Quantom Break
Ori and the Blind Forest

I apologise if this sounds enthusiastic about the Xb1 on an PS4 site, but the quality of the games XB side keep me playing my XB over my PS4.
i should also add, the free games with XB Gold are FAR superior in the quality of what you get with the PS Plus offers. It all adds up to a great experience on the Xb.

Last edited:

Haze

When I had a Xbox One for a record 1 week, the best XB1 game I played was Ryse: Son of Rome. Combat was basic, but it played so well and looked good.

Haymansafc

Titanfall doesn't do anything for me. To be fair though, the majority of FPS titles don't. I can't comment too much on it as I probably only watched around half an hours footage before my eye's glazed over…!

Ryse is an odd game. On the whole, it looks impressive. It was the first 'next gen' (I hate that terminology) game that I watched a full walkthrough of. After a promising start, it become apparent that it severely lacked depth. It was too linear, too repetitive and I didn’t think much of the storyline either. It was a fancy 'hack and slash'. It reminds me of a modern version of the told Tekken games.

A lot has been said about Forza Horizon 2. It's something that's generally highly rated. I took a look at some videos of it to compare it to Driveclub when that was launched. Whilst it probably offers a better racing experience, it seems you're more often off the track and over fields than on it (if it's the game I'm thinking of). Sorry, but whilst it may give a better 'open' feel to the game than stuck on a track, I'm struggling to understand that concept. Maybe I just need to see more of it to get used to it... Also, I think the visuals of the cars themselves are better done on Driveclub. Forza seems slightly more, dare I say it, 'arcadey'.

I'm in the process of watching a walkthrough of Sunset Overdrive. It looks like a lot of fun. Very colourful and seems to have enough detail within it that would keep me happy. It reminds me of Infamous Second Son, but doesn't take itself anywhere as seriously. Some of the humour in it has also raised a rare smile from me, but I can imagine this to become overbearing after so long. However, as much as I find it rather fun (to at least watch), the physics are all wrong. The height you can jump, the endless about of sliding on all sorts of wires and bars… Sometimes I just can't keep up with what on earth is going on.

Based on this set of games, it would have to be Sunset Overdrive as the best Xbox One game so far. It's the one that I've enjoyed watching the most, anyway…

don_bidarian

I never liked Xbox exclusives, they are all mindless MP shooters.
On Xbox 360 I only envied Alan Wake and on Xbone the only game I really want to play is Quantum Break.
Both games made by the same company(Remedy) which in my opinion is the only awesome and creative developer on Xbox One.
Personally I think they would be more successful on PS because their games are more suitable for PS fans' taste.

Cpt Blackadder

. Some of the humour in it has also raised a rare smile from me, but I can imagine this to become overbearing after so long. …

You got that spot on there chap. For me Sunset has 3 faults. 1 being the above, that yes it's huge fun that doesn't take itself seriously, but after a while the one tone humour looses it's appeal. It needs a " shock " moment IMO. The other 2 issies with sunset is the movement can be dam tricky at time, and it's wonderful when you get it right, a right pain in the arse when it goes wrong.
The third issue is the MP lacks any real depth. I've only played about 3 /4 hours of it and already just repeating the same maps.

I never liked Xbox exclusives, they are all mindless MP shooters.

This isn't aimed at you but referenced to the above point and the general PS4 fan base. I'm a neautral in this, i don't care either way, and am looking in on the sidelines laughing a bit.

Tomb Raider and Titanfall.

I GUARENTEE, here on the 10th November 2014, that if Titanfall 2 was to be released on the PS4, suddenly the franchise and the first game ( Titanfall ) would be the best thing since sliced bread. Is it SUCH a hard concept to understand that there may actually be a better game on another console ? Heck Baynotta 2 is considered one of the best ever hack and slash games made but that doesn't make me think i hate all things WII u, i just think fair play Nintendo.

To back this up, look at the backlash towards MS for securing the timed rights to the next Tomb Raider. A lot of the PS community was up in arms at the dirty tactics of MS doing this as though they weren't ALLOWED to be succesful !?!? The thing is, if SONY had bought the rights, you know dam well the SONY fanboys with their double standards would have said what a wonderful move by SONY.

I realize this a a predominately PS4 web site, but i do find it incredible people really struggle to acknowledge or even give the slightest but of credit to the "opposition" when they do actually do create and make some wonderful games.

I'm a gamer, platform is irrespective of predudice in my eyes. It's all about the games for me.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements