• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

will Sony release 4K movies on the PS4

richjh

Just wondering if anyone knows if Sony will release 4K movies thru the Playstation Network on the PS4?
Rich

schoat333

Supposedly it is capable of 4k, so maybe at some point. The only one that knows the answer to that is Sony tho.

motivatedhobo

I had a quick look online for information on this and to my surprise Sony already have a 4K streaming service which they have said will eventually come to PS4.
The file sizes are huge though with a movie being at least 100GB. Better upgrade your hard drive and internet speeds if you want to watch 4K content.

richjh

Thank you for the information. I am aware that they have a dedicated player for 4K right now but you need this player to stream
4K content. The PS4 has some incredible specs and I am surprised that they haven't released 4K content for the PS4 yet. I do hope that they do decide to eventually release their content. I will be waiting.
Rich

epiczail

I had a quick look online for information on this and to my surprise Sony already have a 4K streaming service which they have said will eventually come to PS4.
The file sizes are huge though with a movie being at least 100GB. Better upgrade your hard drive and internet speeds if you want to watch 4K content.

I'm in a city that Google Fiber is coming to so I will hopefully be able to stream some 4k!

LindaKay

I'm sure they will! That's awesome that they're taking advantage of the latest technology. I've always been an Xbox fan, but I am super impressed with PS4 and Sony in general this go round.

Lucky120

I am sure they will release 4k movies if they have not done so already. I think that would be a great idea and an awesome new feature. I hope that they release the streaming for the ps4 though. I think they may be waiting or working on it as we speak.

LindaKay

I'm sure they are. They have to get that together as soon as possible! I'm sure they know it, though; Sony is pretty much on top of things.

deathbyprayer

Nobody knows, unless somebody here is working for Sony? I think they will release 4K movies on the PS4 since it's capable and its just seems the natural thing to do.

epiczail

Lucky you, what speeds are you expecting from Google Fiber ? I'd imagine it would need to be extremely fast for 4K streaming.

A quote from wiki "Google Fiber will provide an Internet connection speed of one gigabit per second (1,000 Mbit/s) for both download and upload which is roughly 100 times faster access than what most Americans have. Google Fiber says its service allows for the download of a full movie in less than two minutes."

So yes, I'd hope it would be able to!

Abqu

I think that these companies are going to take it a little slower with the 4k stuff. Almost everybody got burned with rushing to get 3DTVs into homes. Almost everyone on the frontlines of that tech are backing away now. I hope 4k makes it, but only time will tell.

motivatedhobo

A quote from wiki "Google Fiber will provide an Internet connection speed of one gigabit per second (1,000 Mbit/s) for both download and upload which is roughly 100 times faster access than what most Americans have. Google Fiber says its service allows for the download of a full movie in less than two minutes."

So yes, I'd hope it would be able to!

And I thought I was doing well with 70 Mbits/s. I doubt you'll have any problems with 4K or anything download related...ever.

epiczail

And I thought I was doing well with 70 Mbits/s. I doubt you'll have any problems with 4K or anything download related...ever.

Yeah, Google Fiber is an awesome service. They also offer free internet after you pay for the instillation. I think the speed is 50 mbits/s or something like that? Either way an awesome deal.

nickjt

They definitely will at some point but I don't think there is enough demand yet for them to offer it yet. I think maybe next year there will be enough 4k TVs around and they will offer it then. Another problem is that most people do not have the bandwidth for 4k yet so hopefully over the next 2 years this will improve as well.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements