• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Will a ps4 from america work in another country?

Hawkeye

Sorry if this has been asked, but i know it is region free so does that mean if i buy it from the US and have it shipped to Aus it will work just fine, the console itself and also if i buy australian games? :eek:

moorecoby813

I hope it would because I'm going to Canada soon and later England and I hope it would work in those countries or else I'm screwed.

crazyduck

The only thing would be the plug, you would probably need an adapter. The console is region free so it should work fine and with the games. Why do you want to buy it in America and have it shipped to Australia? Seems a bit weird to me. Is it cheaper? Do you get it earlier?

Hawkeye

It'll work just fine, but you'll still have to buy things with the US region code.
Thanks TheMac!

The only thing would be the plug, you would probably need an adapter. The console is region free so it should work fine and with the games. Why do you want to buy it in America and have it shipped to Australia? Seems a bit weird to me. Is it cheaper? Do you get it earlier?
Thanks mate, money isn't the issue although it might be a little cheaper actually.. But the main reason is all the day one consoles are sold out and the next shipment for stores isnt until early 2014.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Not game region locked no,but as said by TheMac blu ray movies would have to be region specific.
No blu ray player's are region free at least without a code for switching blu ray regions,or perhaps chipped.

sidd230

It has been confirmed that the console does not have any region locking whatsoever.

A console bought anywhere will work everywhere.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
It has been confirmed that the console does not have any region locking whatsoever.

Again,this is for games only.The region locking of movies is not up to Sony,its the people (movie studios or whatever) who make blu-rays.
So for blu ray movies its same as usual.
It's not that hard to understand,so I hope that's clear enough for all.

Reptar_On_Ice

Short answer? Probably. It depends specifically on what you'll be using, but games are now region-lock free for the PS4, and blu-rays will probably be the same, so you'll probably be able to do whatever you need on it, wherever you are.

BlackSolaris

Professional Escapologist
But not Blu-Rays movies. It'll still be region encoded for them.

Yeah, there is always that, but i got to ask, how many people use their PS3 to watch movies?
Am i the only one who uses my consoles to... you know, play video games?

Even the PS2 was the same deal. I know that it played DVD's, but i never used it for that!

Esperahol

The only thing you really have to worry about is the plug - so if you know where to pick up an adapter you should be good to go.

amazingone

SO is anyone considering buying a couple extra PS4's and selling them to people in other countries? Some have predicted that there will be shortages in other countries. It could be a nice way to turn a quick profit but you'd have to account for the higher cost of shipping.

Reptar_On_Ice

SO is anyone considering buying a couple extra PS4's and selling them to people in other countries? Some have predicted that there will be shortages in other countries. It could be a nice way to turn a quick profit but you'd have to account for the higher cost of shipping.

There might be. A lot of people are importing anyways because the price is higher in Europe and Australia. I don't know if there'll be shortages, but uh, yeah, the importing option is still an enticing one for people who want to get away cheap.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
I havent any overseas that would be cheaper than buying here in AUS,counting in postage.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements