• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Who else is coming from Xbox 360?

Mike

I thought it would be interesting to see how many people on the board have switched from Xbox 360 over to PS4. I never thought I would do it, I was planning on getting the Xbox One. But PS4 is going to have more exclusives and indie games in the future so I thought it was the right move.

So, if you switched over to the dark side. What made you make that decision? Leaving people behind on my friends list that I have met and played with on XBL for the past 6 years and all the gamerscore I racked up didn't make it easy for me to switch over to Playstation.

BBGold

I went from Playstation to Xbox then back to Playstation then I wanted an Xbox One but after tons of research and waiting, I found out the Xbox will be ill-gotten and not taken seriously. Not to hate on a console cause I've seen the best of both worlds but I can't help but want a PS4 very badly. I have played one for about 12 or so hours and I played an Xbox One the other day. I don't like Xbox controllers, Kinect or the marketplace. Sony makes things simpler and makes it look good. The fact the PS4 is even faster now has me all giggly inside haha.

lucas5987

Same. I played my original PSone to death, switched over to 360 with my friends, and now I am back to playstation. The xbox one just doesn't appeal to me as much as the ps4 does. Maybe when the price drops, ill get both.

DPatel304

I'm curious too. I feel like last generation, a lot of people went from PS2 -> 360 and now it seems a lot of people will be going 360 -> PS4.

As for me, I had an Atari, then SNES, then PS1, PS2 (got a Dreamcast on the cheap and a Gamecube later that generation), then PS3 and PSP, and soon a PS4. As you can see, I switch to Sony right at the start and never looked back. Don't regret it at all. Only thing I would have done differently is probably gone with the PS3 a little later. I got PS1, PS2, and PS3 close to launch. PS3 didn't get used too much aside from playing PS2 games using BC, so I could have waited for the MGS4 bundle.

Kosh

Sort of... I originally had a PS3, then it died on me after 5 years. Didn't feel like spending the 299$ for a new one when mine died, and Xbox 360 was on sale for 99$ at the time, so I got it. Jumped ship again for the PS4 though! :)

Antic800

My PS4 is sitting right next to my 360. I never planned on getting an XB1 because I follow the tech industry closely. And I knew last year that the XB1 was pushing multimedia over gaming, loved DRM, and was weaker than the PS4. So far, they've dropped the DRM and they're making a bigger push toward gaming. But they can't get around that weak GPU and slow memory.

StuDawg

I've just made the switch... My son has the 360 now for Skylanders and Lego Marvel...

Feel free to add me, I've only got a couple of friends :-( at least till my work colleague's get theirs...

Neeraj

Had a ps1 ..bought the 360 few years back…just sold it a couple of weeks back and now gonna get me the ps4! But i always felt i'd be getting a sony console next cause they got their ass handed to them the previous generation and I thought they would bounce back and kill MS big time.. I don't think they have murdered MS as such, but IMO the ps4 is definitely the better gaming console..Now it's just the matter of waiting for the console here in India, only to be docked over with ridiculous pricing in the name of 'forex volatility'. If reports are to be believed, the ps4 is going to cost the equivalent of somewhere around 600 dollars, and the games are going to be priced mental too. aaargh.!

jdoublet3

Yes I came over from Xbox 360 and to be honest it's the best decision I've ever made. The elegance and just pure gaming ways off the ps4 make Xbox look a joke... What was the biggest difference you noticed between Xbox and ps?

monkeemagik

I decided my next gen console was going to be the PS4 way back in June/July when Microsoft were been silly with the DRM and about having to have the console connected online in order to play a game.

I've still got the 360 next to the PS4 but will probably stop using once my XBL gold has expired next year.

MrFacts

Microsoft actually had there asses handed to them. Despite the PlayStaion 3 being released about a year after the Xbox 360, Sony sold more PlayStation 3's world wide, than Microsoft's Xbox 360....And the PlayStation 3 costs more than the Xbox 360, so that speaks volums! Microsoft only sold more Xbox 360's in the US alone, compared to Sony's PlayStation... So Sony won the last gen, look it up.

Tomba

I always intended to get a PS4. If I were to pick up the Xbox One it'd have to be for super low.

jdoublet3

The Xbox home page is a joke... We have realised we don't want a media centre and a gaming console. We just want gaming ! So why is Xbox still trying to achieve this? Ps4 is sleek smooth classy and it works! Simplicity style and it's been rewarded with being the best gaming console known to man!

JackDannox

Like others here, I went from Nintendo to PS1 to PS2 to 360 and now i'll be making my transition from 360 to the PS4. Although now i'm a primary PC gamer, having a console for all of those sweet exclusives and friends is awesome.

dieselfit

I went from using the PS2 to the 360 and happily to the PS3. I'm looking forward to getting the PS4 but they are not even out in my country yet. I would rather get the PlayStation over Xbox any day. The only reason why I got the 360 because I got it for half price off a friend so it was much cheaper than the PS4.

Blu3n0va

Me too,, lol

I have had ps1, ps2 and ps3...then I got xbox360 because of my firends and now we decided to go back to playstation, feels good :p

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements