• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Which games/franchise do you want to see on the PS4?

Haze

So let's have it. Which games or franchise from any Playstation era would you like to see come to the PS4? Or are there any PC or Xbox One games you'd like to see make it's way to the PS4?

Let us know down below :)

Ghost_of_Crash

Twisted Metal. The current racing games are fun, but same-y, I want to destroy stuff with an ice cream truck on PS4. Capcom should revive Final Fight and Beat Down: Streets of Vengeance for PS4 as well or at least give Sony the license.

RxCxDietrich

Honestly? I wanna say it before anyone else does: Final Fantasy VII!

OK bad joke....honestly though? I want to see Fatal Frame get the next-gen treatment. Those games were awesome and hella scary. I've played only the first three back on PS2 and nothing past that, but I would love to try another one on the PS4. I think it could work really well kinda how like Outlast is for the PC, but much better in the Japanese horror setting.

SpaceTiger

You should've stayed by your FFVII joke.

...would've been almost as great a reoccurring gag as Oberon's Xbox One comments.

I've thought about the franchises I'd want and I've decided on the forgotten three T's:

Battle_Arena_Toshinden.jpg Tobal_No._1.jpg
256px-Tomba%21_NTSC.png

cm_punk_drop_the_mic_by_paynexkiller-d46psqv.gif

Last edited:

SpaceTiger

Dark Cloud! Yes! I would love to see Dark Cloud return. I would've liked to just see Ridge Racer in the launch lineup. I'm not a racing fan, but it only seems right to have a Ridge Racer listed as a launch title given that ever PS console had it at launch.

RxCxDietrich

I was going to say Tomba myself! But I went ahead with Fatal Frame because that games would be awesome in Super HD graphics. And DARK CLOUD! Who could forget that awesome game? Question to both of you though: Do you want the more real looking graphics or the cel-shaded look if Dark Cloud was to make a comeback?

Stuck_X_Button

Twisted Metal. The current racing games are fun, but same-y, I want to destroy stuff with an ice cream truck on PS4. Capcom should revive Final Fight and Beat Down: Streets of Vengeance for PS4 as well or at least give Sony the license.

I thought I was the only person who cared for Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance. The game had potential to be a regular title for Capcom to break up the Resident Evil-Street Fighter circle jerk with Mega Man looking in the window.

Tomba

You know which one I'd say, but I forgot about Battle Arena Toshinden! It had a couple of sequels and there was anime for it before the series fade into obscurity. The whole original canon of that series was just on the PS1. There have been some others including a recent one from 2009 on the Wii, but that was in Japan. I'd love to see Toshinden return!

SpaceTiger

I was going to say Tomba myself! But I went ahead with Fatal Frame because that games would be awesome in Super HD graphics. And DARK CLOUD! Who could forget that awesome game? Question to both of you though: Do you want the more real looking graphics or the cel-shaded look if Dark Cloud was to make a comeback?

I'd want a cel-shaded look for Dark Cloud. Keep it true to the original from look to gameplay. The cel-shading style was one of the things I liked about the original.

desarijulian

Can we please just have the Heavenly Swords sequel. I still don't understand why that game doesn't exist right now. Can you imagine how good it would look on the PS4, or what about a new Legend of Dragoon. It was a great game and would be a great addition to the PS4's library, the best part is that Sony owns that license so it could be done.

RxCxDietrich

I loved Heavenly Sword! Truly one of the rare great launch titles for the PS3. I don't think Sony will ever revisit LoD though, sad as it sounds. Just like when Nintendo released Earthbound for the Wii U VC, it doesn't matter how popular something is....if they don't think it'll sell they won't make it.

I was also thinking perhaps they should revisit Bushido Blade. All the way back on PS1...just imagine how this type of game would be on the PS4. It focused on respect and had limb damage, not to mention the various weapons and stances one could take during the duel. Yeah....bring that back!

SpaceTiger

I loved Bushido Blade. I would like for Square Enix to bring that back. People would pop for that. There was a title on PS2 called Kengo which was a fighting game, but also like a samurai sim. You traveled from dojo to dojo training and learning sword technique, dueling other swordsmen, and fighting in--IIRC--monthly tournaments for emperors/lords.

Keeping with the samurai theme: a more open world, longer Way of the Samurai. This was one of the first titles I played on PS2 when a friend brought it over. I beat it in a day and a half (the story spanned 2 or 3 days I believe before the ending), but it was fun each time I replayed it a different way.

desarijulian

I loved Heavenly Sword!

I know it was so good and they were developing a sequel until God knows what happened. I just think that Nariko should make a comeback and on the PS4 it would be amazing. Also I'm throwing this out there because I have a Wii U and am still getting this game, for you guys Bayonetta 2 and The Wonderful 101 which is an amazing game.

Vengeance801

A Resident Evil that is a real survival horror and not a Michael Bay action flick with real zombies and no more las plagas, or a properly done Alien vs Predator game. Contact the same dev team who did AvP2 on pc back in the day. I know Sierra did it. Game was very balanced and tons of fun. Rebellion who did the newest one 3 years ago screwed the pooch big time...

SpaceTiger

Well...since RE was mentioned...

...I want Dino Crisis to return. It was Resident Evil with dinosaurs...or corridor style Jurassic Park. It was one of the only times I didn't mind Capcom's odd control set for action games.

SpaceTiger

Oh, lucky. I had Dino Crisis and Dino Crisis 2, but forgot what happened to them. I know I didn't trade them in since I was planning to keep those forever. I'm almost certain someone lifted it. I still have my saves from the game though.

Those were the days where you had to truly preserve ammo and supplies in a Capcom survival title.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements