• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Where are my games?!?

Scott

So I downloaded the ones I wanted on my new PS5 and ran out of room VERY quick. I think they're in double some kinda way. Regardless what I need help on is this...

On my Home Screen, the games are there, but they still say download. I can only seem to get to the downloaded version that I've been playing by using the switcher. Shouldn't this be a little different, or more likely what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Scott

Scott

Maybe this will help...

Carlos, that's great information to have and I agree they blew some things. So what I discovered on my home screen is that I had Cold War up there but asking it to download. Now I already have Cold War somewhere else that I was playing from. I did find some options as to which one I'm playing from to switch to over this weekend, now I have to figure out where the other version is to delete that without losing my campaign saves.

On to the external storage, I thought I understood from somewhere that we could play the PS4 games while they reside on external storage. Being a simpleton, why can't I just USB to USB my PS4 with it's 2TB custom drive as the external HD?

You talk about a lot of other technical types of external Storage that was a little beyond me on the types of connectors? I understand USB 3.0, but there were some other things in there that threw me, I'll rewatch this a few times to pick up the other acronyms.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Carlos, that's great information to have and I agree they blew some things. So what I discovered on my home screen is that I had Cold War up there but asking it to download. Now I already have Cold War somewhere else that I was playing from. I did find some options as to which one I'm playing from to switch to over this weekend, now I have to figure out where the other version is to delete that without losing my campaign saves.

On to the external storage, I thought I understood from somewhere that we could play the PS4 games while they reside on external storage. Being a simpleton, why can't I just USB to USB my PS4 with it's 2TB custom drive as the external HD?

You talk about a lot of other technical types of external Storage that was a little beyond me on the types of connectors? I understand USB 3.0, but there were some other things in there that threw me, I'll rewatch this a few times to pick up the other acronyms.
That video isn't me, I am just trying to help. I don't have PS5, yet. :(

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Oberon Where to buy 'classic/retro' system games? Other Gaming Talk 17
M Where do you order your PS4 Games from (UK) PlayStation 4 0
unwittyoneliner Where's the best place to buy retro games online? (PS1, SNES, etc.) PlayStation Legacy 14
S Games - where? PlayStation 3 7
F Resident evil 3 PS4 some bobbleheads don't appear where they should PlayStation 4 0
Lämmchen Where is your tv? Off Topic Lounge 11
Preach2k PS5: Where's The Rest Of It? PlayStation 5 1
M Where to post error codes? PlayStation 4 2
J Do you know where you will spend eternity? Off Topic Lounge 1
K Looking for new friends or where I can get some!! Introduce Yourself 1
M Where to buy ps4 ? China, spain or france PlayStation 4 0
B PS4 where does it get cold air to cool? PlayStation 4 5
T Where is the lowest price to buy ps4 in israel PlayStation 4 5
WarMaximum PS App for iPhone? Where'd it go?!? PlayStation 4 10
daimashin Ever been a game where you're the villain? PlayStation 4 9
K Coming back to where it all started :) Introduce Yourself 4
K Where are Ps vita in North America? PlayStation Vita 4
sparkblade14 Where are you buying it from? PlayStation 4 4
O Where to find a new PS4 Console Body PlayStation 4 44
Oberon Call of Duty: Ghosts getting $3 DLC where Snoop Dogg will announce your kills etc PlayStation 4 5
S where can I get a ps4 power supply PlayStation 4 6
lindbergh Where's Tekken for the PS4? PlayStation 4 11
V where is everyone? PlayStation 4 5
JackDannox Where do you think Elder Scrolls 6 will take place? PlayStation 4 1
L Doubts on using PS4 in country where it's not released. PlayStation 4 1
Haze "Where Can I Find A PS4?" Thread PlayStation 4 65
F Where can I buy the playstation 4 camera PlayStation 4 3
AvalonX Speculation: Where do they go with the future storyline (AC3 Spoilers) PlayStation 4 19
MedeaWakoski Where did everybody go? TO THE RAPTURE PlayStation 4 7
OniBlackMage This is actually a game where motion controls make sense PlayStation 4 5
L Where Did the Time Go PlayStation Legacy 3
O need non-internet stand-alone PS5 games PlayStation 5 0
W What Happens To All The Disc-based Games I Have If I Buy A Digital PlayStation 5? PlayStation 5 6
D Can you share games with PS5. PlayStation 5 2
E Why can't they make new games? PlayStation 5 1
Y ARE GAMES FROM PS4 ABLE TO BE USED ON THE NEW PS5? PlayStation 5 1
T Question: Will my games bought on the PSN Store (ranging from Ps1 to Ps3) be compatible with PS5 PlayStation 5 2
Carlos PlayStation 5 Games to be revealed on June 11th PlayStation 5 0
Carlos PlayStation 5 Games to be revealed on June 4th PlayStation 5 4
Preach2k Release Date, Games, Final Design, Controller & more! PlayStation 5 0
E [PS4 Beginner] Tips and easy games to learn & build skills for Action-Adventure PlayStation 4 0
Preach2k PS5 | HUGE PlayStation 5 Rumor | NEW Ps5 ONLY Games | Should Sony Have Cross-Gen | Ps5 News! PlayStation 5 0
D Buying games digital instead of disc PlayStation 4 3
Carlos Full List of PlayStation Classic games announced! PlayStation Legacy 1
Oberon PlayStation Plus Free Games December 2017 revealed PlayStation 4 3
Derri Should Games With Random Loot Boxes Be Made 18+ and come with warnings. Other Gaming Talk 0
T Games you should not buy. PlayStation 4 0
Oberon PlayStation Plus Free Games November revealed PlayStation 4 1
Oberon PlayStation Plus Free Games October revealed PlayStation 4 0
Oberon PlayStation Plus Free Games September revealed PlayStation 4 0