• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

When Will Vita Get Cheaper?

DrRipley

I seriously think Sony should consider cutting their price significantly on the Vita. I think more people would consider buying it a lot more at a cheaper price, including me. It would be a lot less of a decision if the price were a little bit more reasonable than where it's at now, and I think they could make it back on game sales. That said, do you think Vita's price will still drop, or have they pretty much reached their limit? I'm thinking it would more possibly be the latter since the specs of it are probably expensive and high quality because it plays such high quality games at such a compact size.

DrRipley

Remember the PSP is a cheaper alternative so that may be their justification. :eek:

I didn't realize they were still making old PSPs. If they still are, I'd love to just get that instead. I'd still love to get a Vita at some point, though, and hopefully they can make a new version because I hate how the current one looks. I'll probably just get one either way when I get a PS4 because I want to be able to test out the cross-playing capabilities on both, personally.

yesovi91

I'm not sure if they still make them but you can for sure pick them up, but personally I'd wait/save for a Vita if you're getting a PS4.

Joel

The awesome thing about the Vita is that you can play your PS 4 content on it. I hope that its similar to Amazon's whisper sync service where your information, save points and data follows without any problems. I know that Microsoft has had issues with their cloud service and I haven't ever used any content sharing on the PS 3. I'm a believer in the Vita after using it on a trip that I took with my buddies. It was fun to use and brought me back to my gameboy days. It will be worth it if you actually use it for everything you can do on it. Otherwise, stick with the PS 4 and mobile phone content.

RawF0rce

I always wanted to get a PS Vita, but the price has always been so much. Never got around to getting one, though I wish I did a lot of my friends have one and they love it.

4justice

I don't expect the price to get cheaper in the west until a redesign is in place. Japan got a price cut but they run things differently down there. Not to mention they cherish the handhelds more than the western audiences do.

Oakster

Just speculating here but could it come down when the PS4 releases?
In order to boost sales since it pair up with the PS4 it would be a good idea and they would end up selling lots of Vitas

Pickicool

It makes me a little sad to see that the Vita has difficulty to be sold.
This console is a marvel. A price drop would be like a defeat to me. I think after the release of the PS4, people will turn to the PS Vita.

Definitely, if the price drops, I'll be the first to buy it. It's just money that does not make me buy PS Vita. Then I absolutely need RPG kosher located here to play. Who said to FFX HD?

It deserves much better, the PS Vita.

BlackSolaris

Professional Escapologist
Well recently i saw a promotion for a Vita with that pack of games that Sony made plus a 8GB card for 215€, so that is pretty good. But yeah, i definitely agree on the price thing. I was totally waiting for a price drop on the console or cards, maybe even a new model of the console a Vita Slim, during E3, but nope, nothing.
So yeah, will be some time until i manage to get one in my hands.

brad

I really hope it does go down i remember seeing the Vita come out at a outrageous price and really no one spoke of it personally i just see it being a graphics update from the psp but thats me id like one obviously but its nothing entirely special if you ask me, how much are they going for on ebay etc? about £300 or 400?

Clark Wayne

Yeah I'm sure the price of the Vita will eventually go down. I think with the PS4 about to be released, I think Sony thinks this will be the perfect time to announce a price drop for the system. Plus, the 3DS is doing quite well, and I think that has a lot to do with the price drop it received shortly after it was released. I think the Vita will be much more successful with a price drop. Hopefully it happens soon.

Joel

I felt like it was worth updating this thread that Japan did have a pretty decent sale on Vita games. that doesn't mean the hardware was on sale, I don't think it was anyway. The point is that I think that Sony has looked at this as a mobile console versus a mobile "device". A device is something more disposable in my opinion versus the "console" which obviously is not.

I believe that this is going to be the trend going into the PS 4. Its just one of those things that Sony can do because they are promising for a lot of functionality to blend with the PS 4 and that's just how their business model will probably go. Unfortunately, it also means that to fully get the entire power of the PS platform, you might need this hardware, but maybe not. Guess we'll see.

turklife

I think that the Vita's price will drop soon. I think the reason it isn't going to drop now is because of the PS4's launch. Sony is definitely trying to push the Vita with the PS4, and it's working really well as a lot of people are buying them. I would expect to see the Vita's price drop once the Playstation's sales cool off a bit.

Obsidian

You can pick up a used one in good condition for less than £100. Probably about $120ish. How much cheaper do you want them?

I've never owned or used one, I have no interest but I was expecting them to be a lot more than that. Seems pretty cheap actually, considering you can play games from two consoles on it.

human5

I seriously think Sony should consider cutting their price significantly on the Vita. I think more people would consider buying it a lot more at a cheaper price, including me. It would be a lot less of a decision if the price were a little bit more reasonable than where it's at now, and I think they could make it back on game sales. That said, do you think Vita's price will still drop, or have they pretty much reached their limit? I'm thinking it would more possibly be the latter since the specs of it are probably expensive and high quality because it plays such high quality games at such a compact size.

Yeah, Sony should drop the price of the Vita. Only then would I consider to buy it.

I hope one day, the next generation of Vita would have at least PS3's graphics. If not, then it would probably serve no purpose other than to be a fancy controller for the PS4.

SeanM

the vita probably won't get cheaper until a new model or new generation of hanheld is about to come out, its sony's marketing style...

firelily99

I think that the price will come down eventually, its just going to take time and patience. There is a lot that I find appealing with it and I think I am just going to just sit back and wait for it to become more reasonably priced.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements