• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

When did you get your PS3?

Shana

I've had my PS3 since launch, when did everyone get theirs? I still have my launch PS3 too, do you all still have your original one? I got a slim one as well but only so I could be spoiled and have one to play on the couch and one to play in my bed.

unwittyoneliner

I got it in 2009. It's a fatty. I still have it. A couple summers ago, the fan started to run quite loudly to cool off the system, so I was worried about it burning out, but it still runs fine.

Esperahol

Fatty - 2008. Aw... it's going to be five years old next month! I'm so flipping proud. I'm so proud! Seriously though it's done very well - and that's why I never buy at launch.

amazingone

I actually bought a fatty on the first day that it was released about 5 years ago or so. I was happy with it back then but it eventually got really loud and broke. So, I purchased a PS3 slim which did last for a few years but also ended up breaking. I'm on my third PS3 now and it works fine. I guess the third time is the charm.

Haze

I think maybe around 2-3 years ago. I currently have a Slim but about 5 years ago I had a "fat" PS3 but not for long.

BlackSolaris

Professional Escapologist
My first trophy shows 28th January 2011, but i remember being a week without games and only playing games, so it's pretty much around that date.

GetFresh

I got mine quite a while back. My parents bought it for me on Christmas around 2008. It was a great gift and I still have it to this day.

Medii

Had my PS3 for about a year and a half, got it as a late Christmas present, but it was worth the wait. Even though I dropped it a couple of times, still works like a charm till today.

JoeDirt

I got My playstaton back in 2010, it actually was for my brother on his birthday, but I took over it :cool: It's still in its best condition, I take care of my console and video games like babies.

andy103

Well, when I lived with my parents we got a PS3 the Christmas after release date I think. When I moved out I got my own PS3 2010 Christmas. They both still work and we haven't had any problems with them.

MedeaWakoski

I got mine a year or two after launch. Unfortunately it died from YLOD, and I got another one, which also died from YLOD, and I'm on my third one now.

stoudman

In 2008, shortly after I bought my first HDTV in 2007. It was the 40 GB FAT Model. I wasn't too concerned about HDD space at the time, but I've since upgraded to a 500 GB HDD and utilized almost every bit of space on the drive. It has served me well over the past 5 years and I am still enjoying it now. In fact, it's currently on and awaiting my demands. It has served as my main media device during that time and it still is. I've unhooked the cable and everything else from my TV -- the only input is the PS3. Why? Because it's got Netflix, Amazon, a Blu-ray player, it plays video files, music, video games...it just does everything I could possibly desire from a media center. I love you, PS3!

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
I got mine on the 9th May 2009. It was the Killzone 2 pack. PS3 80GB Fat and KZ 2 game packaged together.
I also bought The Orange Box (Half Life 2 etc) for it so I had 2 games to play when I got home. :)
btw: I still have the 80GB model PS3,still going well.

mareebaybay

I got my Playstation 3 in 2011. I know I was a lil late to the jump, but it was still worth the wait. I actually got my Playstation 3 after I got my Xbox 360. Although I am a huge Playstation fan compared to the Xbox.

davidexct

I got my Playstation 3 two years back. I also bought my Playstation 3 at the time of Christmas. I am looking forward to upgrade as soon as Playstation 4 comes in the market.

DrRipley

I got mine on Christmas two years ago. I bought it as a Christmas present for myself. I haven't really played it as much as I thought I would, but I do enjoy it as a media center at least.

wowtgp

I got my PS3 back in 2007 when COD: Modern Warfare came out. I bought both the game and the console the same day.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements