• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

What was your first PlayStation game?

terryp1202

Mine was the origia Tekken, but I also remember playing a game called Jumping Flash. I don't remember it being very popular, but I really loved the sound and the graphics in that game. The funny part is, that I can still hear the soundtrack in my head after all these years!

Haymansafc

The first ever game I played on my original Playstation was Crash Bandicoot. I still remember it well! Putting in the disc and being impressed with the 3D effects, graphics and music. Barring a few visitors and lunch, I think I spent most of that Christmas Day playing it…!

The second game I ever played was another game which come with it – Porsche Challenge. That was another gem to me too – seeing the realistic looking dashboard and steering wheel on the Boxster you driven! I remember at how 'smooth' it all looked and I think the engine tone was fairly realistic too – although I haven't actually played it for about twelve/thirteen years now! I remember it had a 'trail' mode where you could literally just drive around for lap after lap, after lap. I'd happily sit and do 100-odd laps of the track(s) in one sit, listening to some music cassettes in the background! I never listen to the music tracks in racing games. I think they're all terrible - so all I had was my own choice of music and the sound of that Boxster coming through low on the TV!

Strykstar

My first game on the PS was Libero Grande, I don't think it's very well-known game.
It was a soccer game, I think it was the first one to let you control a single player on the team instead of the entire team.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Mine was the origia Tekken
Im quite sure my first PS1 games was Tekken as well and I think I has MK3 at the same time,or soon after.

....but I also remember playing a game called Jumping Flash....The funny part is, that I can still hear the soundtrack in my head after all these years!
This wasnt the music from the first world but this is the music I remember from Jumping Flash..lol

terryp1202

Oberon,

That's the one I remember too! It has that crazy playschool type vibe to it. How in the world was this so memorable after all these years? I don't even necessarily like it, I just can't forget it! lol

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
lol..Yep,same...even thought about downloading the music and using it as a ringtone..lol

FosterTXT

The first PlayStation game I ever played was Spyro: year of the dragon. My sister received bith the console and the game as a reward for doing well in school. I played spyro for a couple of weeks till we bought THPS 1 and 2. It will always be my PlayStation cherry popper lol.

SS42A

Final Fantasy VII was the first PS game I ever had. What I remember the most is how many saves you will have to make so as to ensure that the game itself will not be ruined. If you save to only one slot, there is a very high probability that your file will eventually be ruined and if you did not have a backup file, you will have to start anew.

insertkittyface

Pretty sure the first Playstation game I ever got was the very first, original Spyro, and that sparked my love for the series.. I played almost every game up until Skylanders, which to me, just ruined it :(

Ciel

See-Elle
If I am remember correctly, like Kittface, my first game was Spyro. Although if I had to put money on it, I would bet Crash Bandicoot. Now I am curious and will have to ask one of my older siblings as I am sure they will know.

daimashin

I bought the PSX along with three games. Gran Turismo, Fighting Force, and I don't remember the last one. Most exciting time I've ever felt, I still remember the feeling until today. I was blown away at how gorgeous Gran Turismo looked and played. Then when I booted Fighting Force, my brother and I spent the whole night playing it.

deathbyprayer

My first PS games was Tekken 3 for the PSX. I was a lot of fun, quite in fact I genuinely thought that the PSX is only meant to play Tekken 3 and I have to buy an entirely different console just to play the other games.

f_dog80

I got my first ps and final fantasy 7 at the same time. FF7 was greatest hits by then. I was 8-9 years old I think I saved up my allowances for what felt like forever and bought it on my own. I remember being so proud to get it.
Stand out games for me shortly after that were gran turismo, Medal of Honor, and mine and my brothers favorite game Dave Mira freestyle bmx.

gamerteabwoi

If I could remember clearly I think that the first game that I had gotten on the console was Spyro. Man I will tell you that the game was the most addictive thing that I had played on the console. I spent lots and lots of time playing that game until the disk broke.

Joel

My very first playsation game was probably a tekken game if I had to guess. When I had my playstation, it was a time when my sister and I would have to share the console so she got equal rights to what games we had. this was slightly before my youngest sister was born too, so more votes would be cast in the future. The Tekken series was something we got because we could fight each other and play through and unlock things as we went, so yea, this is very likely the first PS game I bought my own PS and went down an RPG rabbit hole for a few years.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements