• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

What PSP games should I get next?

venomeye

Can anyone advise on some good PSP games to get?
I like FPS games mainly and I know they were garbage on the PSP so I am interested in something else.
I have played NHL to death and I did not like Monster hunter but I would consider other RPG's though.
any thoughts?

Joker99352

Crisis Core is a great game, especially if you're a fan of Final Fantasy VII. It's a good tie-in, and it was pretty much the only reason why I bought a PSP to begin with. I won't say it's the best PSP game ever made, but it's certainly the best one I've ever played.

DrRipley

Crisis Core is a great game, especially if you're a fan of Final Fantasy VII. It's a good tie-in, and it was pretty much the only reason why I bought a PSP to begin with. I won't say it's the best PSP game ever made, but it's certainly the best one I've ever played.

I agree with this, Crisis Core is a great game and it provides hours and hours of gameplay. I'd also recommend Dissidia if you are a fan of the FF series. As for FPS, I didn't play much of it on the PSP, but I liked Ghost Recon. It was pretty average, but it's fun and far from awful.

RaggaJungle

I recommend Burnout, it's a great game with cool graphics too. I really got into this game when I was in hospital for a few weeks. It's basically like a mini version of the one for PlayStation 3. I also recommend The Sims, it's so much different than the PC versions because you play more of a storyline. It's really good though and it kept me entertained. The character customisation is really limited though and this is a big downside, however it's a very enjoyable game I thought.

8bitpenguin

If you enjoy stealth game, with some action sequences and a heavy story, you should get Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. It's really really good.

venomeye

I must be about the only person that own a Playstation product but has never played a final fantasy game.
Is it possible to play Crisis Core having never played FF or do you need the back story?

venomeye

If you enjoy stealth game, with some action sequences and a heavy story, you should get Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. It's really really good.

I have just looked at some reviews for MGS peace walker and i certainly think it looks good
nice one 8bitpenguin I think I will go for this next.

8bitpenguin

I must be about the only person that own a Playstation product but has never played a final fantasy game.
Is it possible to play Crisis Core having never played FF or do you need the back story?

There's nothing wrong with it, it's perhaps more enjoyable having played FF VII but the story happens before Final Fantasy VII with mostly a brand new set of characters. Therefore the plot doesn't really rely on Final Fantasy VII at all, you shouldn't feel confused, nor should you get that feeling that the game is actually part of some other game. Maybe there are some world details that might be a little confusing or go over your head, but im pretty sure the game re-introduces all of that. It basically all stands out fairly well on it's own.

However, the story is a fleshing out of events revealed pretty late-on in FF VII so you might consider this game as sort of a minor FF VII spoiler, minor is the word though and it most certainly won't ruin FF VII for you if you plan on playing it in the future.

So my advice is: Go for it, it's a must play for the PSP.

TinkerBell

So, far I already bought Wipeout and Lumines for my PSP last month. The games I'm planning to get next for my PSP is Tony Hawk Uderground 2, Metal Gear Acid, Warriors, Dynasty, Untold Lengends, and Spider-man 2. I know I can't buy them all at once, but I am definitely going to buy Tony Hawk Underground 2. :p

Joker99352

There's nothing wrong with it, it's perhaps more enjoyable having played FF VII but the story happens before Final Fantasy VII with mostly a brand new set of characters. Therefore the plot doesn't really rely on Final Fantasy VII at all, you shouldn't feel confused, nor should you get that feeling that the game is actually part of some other game. Maybe there are some world details that might be a little confusing or go over your head, but im pretty sure the game re-introduces all of that. It basically all stands out fairly well on it's own.

However, the story is a fleshing out of events revealed pretty late-on in FF VII so you might consider this game as sort of a minor FF VII spoiler, minor is the word though and it most certainly won't ruin FF VII for you if you plan on playing it in the future.

So my advice is: Go for it, it's a must play for the PSP.

I agree with that. I played Crisis Core before completing all of Final Fantasy VII, but I still really enjoyed it. It's sort of a combination of a spinoff and a tie-in or prequel, so it's passable as a standalone game. I also really enjoyed Dirge of Cerberus for the PS2 (though reviews were pretty mixed), which was the same kind of spinoff-type of game that stands on its own fairly well.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements