• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

What PS4 Game Are You Currently Playing?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I work in the corporate office for a national retailer. Listening to this conference call is EXACTLY like the conference calls my company has. You ask a question from the executive team and you get a vague response. Every call I was on about COVID-19 was "yeah, we're taking it day by day" or "wait for a communication" or just super vague answers. In fact, if I closed my eyes on that video, I felt exactly like I was back at work listening to this. And honestly, take it from me, GameStop's stupidity is across the board in the industry. I'd bet every retailer's "conversations" happened like this. But I guess when I got furloughed, my company had somewhat of a heart. I got a personal phone call from the VP of my department to make sure I was ok and to explain everything to me.
Thing is, though, GameStop is deliberately trying to get them infected with COVID19. I mean, they really do not care. They even made their own "hand sanitizer" which is actually alcohol that you find in liquor stores. There's a video of it on his channel. I can't remember which one, but he chronicles it all even before the pandemic started.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
Thing is, though, GameStop is deliberately trying to get them infected with COVID19. I mean, they really do not care. They even made their own "hand sanitizer" which is actually alcohol that you find in liquor stores. There's a video of it on his channel. I can't remember which one, but he chronicles it all even before the pandemic started.

Yeah. I saw those videos too (and subscribed!) and it's horrifying what Gamestop is doing. But they aren't alone in the corporate world doing that. My company did handle it better. Corporate was sent home before it was mandated but we shuttered the stores pretty much last chance we could. But we didn't have curbside for a long time, even though in some states you could. I also can't complain about my furlough. Between unemployment and the extra money from the government, I'm not worried about my bills (unless my furlough gets extended) and they are paying their part of my health insurance. I even got a personal phone call from the VP on the day I was notified to explain it and make sure I was ok. Honestly, I wasn't expecting an executive to do that.

My favorite is Gamestop claiming Camelot is the cause of their bad sales. I laughed my ass off at that comment. Their lack of sales is all self inflicted. I used to be a loyal Gamestop customer. I stopped a couple years ago when I basically felt like I was being harassed every time I walked in. Between the protection plans, the major upsells and them trying to get me to bring in my game collection for a trade and being super super pushy about it, I had it. And the last straw was when I tried to buy a new game and they gave me an unsealed copy (I'm very picky about when I buy a new game that it's complete and sealed. None of that "remove codes" crap that Gamestop did so you buy more crap from them). I got into it with the clerk saying "how do I know you aren't putting a used copy in that box". "Well you just have to trust me." "That's it I don't. Just give me the used copy" and then he put that disc in the used case! Like are you kidding me? I buy my games at Best Buy now. And maybe Amazon for an older title Best Buy may not have. No upselling. I get my stuff and leave. How I like my shopping experience. It's a shame too because I did like buying used games there and that option may not be around anymore. But even then, they'd put their stickers on the spines of the games which ruins the collectability of them. Not to mention ruins the artwork. But what I'm hoping is with GameStop gone, it'll open a whole new market for the smaller mom and pop stores to fill the void on used game sales.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Yeah. I saw those videos too (and subscribed!) and it's horrifying what Gamestop is doing. But they aren't alone in the corporate world doing that. My company did handle it better. Corporate was sent home before it was mandated but we shuttered the stores pretty much last chance we could. But we didn't have curbside for a long time, even though in some states you could. I also can't complain about my furlough. Between unemployment and the extra money from the government, I'm not worried about my bills (unless my furlough gets extended) and they are paying their part of my health insurance. I even got a personal phone call from the VP on the day I was notified to explain it and make sure I was ok. Honestly, I wasn't expecting an executive to do that.

My favorite is Gamestop claiming Camelot is the cause of their bad sales. I laughed my ass off at that comment. Their lack of sales is all self inflicted. I used to be a loyal Gamestop customer. I stopped a couple years ago when I basically felt like I was being harassed every time I walked in. Between the protection plans, the major upsells and them trying to get me to bring in my game collection for a trade and being super super pushy about it, I had it. And the last straw was when I tried to buy a new game and they gave me an unsealed copy (I'm very picky about when I buy a new game that it's complete and sealed. None of that "remove codes" crap that Gamestop did so you buy more crap from them). I got into it with the clerk saying "how do I know you aren't putting a used copy in that box". "Well you just have to trust me." "That's it I don't. Just give me the used copy" and then he put that disc in the used case! Like are you kidding me? I buy my games at Best Buy now. And maybe Amazon for an older title Best Buy may not have. No upselling. I get my stuff and leave. How I like my shopping experience. It's a shame too because I did like buying used games there and that option may not be around anymore. But even then, they'd put their stickers on the spines of the games which ruins the collectability of them. Not to mention ruins the artwork. But what I'm hoping is with GameStop gone, it'll open a whole new market for the smaller mom and pop stores to fill the void on used game sales.
I was like, "huh? No, he didn't. You self-inflicted the low sales." I was also a GameStop shopper, and I probably will be later, if they manage to survive the pandemic and riots. Because where I used to live in Cali, it's right there next to my job. When I'm home, and I want a game, like now... I go either Best Buy, or GameStop. When I go GameStop, it's because I'm looking for a specific game and it's not in Best Buy.

Every fucking time I'm there they're always pestering about the rewards program. Or some other bullshit. Like.. c'mon. Let me buy my game, bro. Unless you're offering a huge discount, like... I dunno, pricing your rewards program similar to Best Buy, I'd be interested. But tapering off $5 makes me sleep and snore like a baby.

Yes, I know/knew most companies are doing the blanket responses regarding Coronavirus. Honestly, I don't even know why you're defending GameStop, lol.

Last edited:

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I was like, "huh? No, he didn't. You self-inflicted the low sales." I was also a GameStop shopper, and I probably will be later, if they manage to survive the pandemic and riots. Because where I used to live in Cali, it's right there next to my job. When I'm home, and I want a game, like now... I go either Best Buy, or GameStop. When I go GameStop, it's because I'm looking for a specific game and it's not in Best Buy.

Every fucking time I'm there they're always pestering about the rewards program. Or some other bullshit. Like.. c'mon. Let me buy my game, bro. Unless you're offering a huge discount, like... I dunno, pricing your rewards program similar to Best Buy, I'd be interested. But tapering off $5 makes me sleep and snore like a baby.

Yes, I know/knew most companies are doing the blanket responses regarding Coronavirus. Honestly, I don't even know why you're defending GameStop, lol.

When a company is on the verge of bankruptcy or not doing well, it's pretty much in the playbook to deflect their own shortcomings and blame some outside reason, like what GameStop is doing. Heaven forbid the CEO doesn't admit to themselves they effed up! Hell, I see it all the time in the corporate office of my company. We have a bad quarter and it's always "well, this that and the other thing happened" and I'm sitting in that meeting thinking "no, you made shit decisions and blew all this money on something that didn't sell you moron" or "you wasted all this money on store fixtures that actually impeded sales". I can't wait to get out of the corporate world lol. It's amazing the moronic stuff I see on a daily basis.

The only reason I got the rewards program for GameStop was because it came with a subscription with Game Informer. What's dumb is if I just signed up for the subscription, the price was the same lol. So why not at that point. I pretty much let it lapse after the layoffs of the staff members at Game Informer.

Huh? I wasn't defending GameStop. What they did to their employees and trying to say they were essential was bullshit. And not getting them the supplies they needed and telling the stores to get it themselves? That's bullshit. But they got caught (rightfully so). And I'm sure other retailers dropped the ball and didn't get caught. I'm sure the company I work for dropped the ball in a lot of areas too (I'll find out :) ). And this country did have some businesses that were deemed essential basically forcing their workers to show up or either a) not get paid or b) fired while not doing much to protect them. So they had to choose between their livelihood or risking their health. And that's not right. Especially for what these retailers pay, which is abysmal for the amount of crap they deal with.

Retail is funny in that all these companies pretty much follow each other, so the response of one to coronavirus is likely a similar response of another. These CEOs talk. Retail is a small world believe it or not with a club of executives. CEOs and upper management constantly jump from one retailer to another. What's funny too is retail is hurting. So when someone comes up with an idea, the excuse not to implement it is because "that's not what other retailers are doing". Well that's the fucking problem! Take a chance. Blaze a trail. You may see profit from being bold. And I always argue, start with the workers. They're your profit drivers. Pay them well and give them an incentive to work (decent pay, bonuses, stock options, etc). If people have a purpose to work for you, they'll try a little harder and actually give a shit.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
Working on Red Dead Redemption 2. Though I've kinda gotten hooked on an OG Xbox game Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge and that's been eating up my time lol. I need to get back on my PS4.

Nomad

I am playing a lot of games for example Final Fantasy and Assassin's Creeds are my favorite games series. I am also playing Fortnite and Minecraft. There are a lot of Amazing games but so little time to play.

Right now I've been playing phantom breaker omnia a lot. It's a decent little fighting game. But to be honest, it's a bit too simple to play. If I were to suggest a fighting game to anyone that needs to get theri feet wet, I'd tell them to try this one out

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements