• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

What is your favorite gaming system

maicam

Well I like all game consoles haha... Because it can play many kinds of games. So I got a Android game console (JXD S7800b). What about you guys?

don_bidarian

Depends on the time.

The ones I enjoyed most are PS2 and PS3.

But at this moment for current gen consoles(hand held or otherwise) I prefer PS4.

Haymansafc

I've enjoyed everything I've had, during the time I owned them. They've all done their job for me and were 'favourites' of their time to me.

Overall, I think I'd struggle to beat the PS2 if you really had to push me for an answer. I adored that console and seemed like a really nice, sensible progression from the original PS1. I was heavily into gaming at the time it was launched and the fact that I was backward compatible (a feat that Sony still hasn't fully repeated to this day) was a huge bonus considering the collection I had built up for the PS1. The collection I had by the end of the PS2's days ended up filling three full-length shelves and half of a cupboard I had at the end of my bed.

How times have changed since then…

I can't say I've had the same connection of genuine admiration with the PS3 – even though it's been the 'longest serving' console to me and hasn't missed a beat. Strange, isn't it…?! I do have a couple of theories as to why that is (not necessarily the console's fault – more personal reasons), but won't go into that now.

I hope I can rekindle some love when I do eventually get a PS4 as I want to have one 'last hurrah' at console gaming before I get too old and/or no longer have the time. I've just got a horrible, sinking feeling it'll end up being too complicated for me. If I can get it all up and running (internet-wise – this is my biggest concern. Never done it before), there's no reason why it won't be a happy relationship. It's very much "watch this space" over the next three months or so…

drunkchiksrEZ

I like a few consoles. My favorite currently is the PS4. I was always a PlayStation kind of guy until one day in high school I realized pretty much all my friends had 360's so I traded in my pretty much brand new PS3 for a Xbox 360. Literally owned the PS3 for like a few days. Xbox 360 was my favorite system up until I bought my PS4 a few months back. I did eventually buy another PS3 (barely played) which I just sold to my friend the other day!! So yeah my favorite system would be the PS4 followed by the 360 and the Super Nintendo.

WestJade

Playstation 2.
Persona 3, Metal Gear Solid 1-3, SMT 3.
It has the best library of RPG's, and more.
It was the first console I bought with my own money.

coleman

I enjoyed them all but the biggest jump for me was the Panasonic 3DO. For some reason that really seemed like a breakthrough in gaming IMO.

Paradox

I've liked every PlayStation console since PS2. I loved the PS3 and I like the PS4...although I don't have that many games for it at the moment.

Johnhunt

A past few days ago I was playing games on the PS3 and as PS4. Recently, one of my friends purchased a gaming CD key from the Website of Instant-gaming and started playing the game on the PC platform, instead of playing it on any Playstation network. The graphic cards in the PC supported a lot and enhancing the playing mode in the game.

hddmag

A past few days ago I was playing games on the PS3 and as PS4. Recently, one of my friends purchased a gaming CD key from the Website of Instant-gaming and started playing the game on the PC platform, instead of playing it on any Playstation network. The graphic cards in the PC supported a lot and enhancing the playing mode in the game.

You must have had a great Video Cards then.

hddmag

I've enjoyed everything I've had, during the time I owned them. They've all done their job for me and were 'favourites' of their time to me.

Overall, I think I'd struggle to beat the PS2 if you really had to push me for an answer. I adored that console and seemed like a really nice, sensible progression from the original PS1. I was heavily into gaming at the time it was launched and the fact that I was backward compatible (a feat that Sony still hasn't fully repeated to this day) was a huge bonus considering the collection I had built up for the PS1. The collection I had by the end of the PS2's days ended up filling three full-length shelves and half of a cupboard I had at the end of my bed.

How times have changed since then…

I can't say I've had the same connection of genuine admiration with the PS3 – even though it's been the 'longest serving' console to me and hasn't missed a beat. Strange, isn't it…?! I do have a couple of theories as to why that is (not necessarily the console's fault – more personal reasons), but won't go into that now.

I hope I can rekindle some love when I do eventually get a PS4 as I want to have one 'last hurrah' at console gaming before I get too old and/or no longer have the time. I've just got a horrible, sinking feeling it'll end up being too complicated for me. If I can get it all up and running (internet-wise – this is my biggest concern. Never done it before), there's no reason why it won't be a happy relationship. It's very much "watch this space" over the next three months or so…

Good ol' days. I can still remember playing Spiderman on my PS2. :D It was my first game and first PS console.

Nomad

I have played games on PS4, I play games on Android phone and Windows PC. My favorite gaming platform is PC. I have a gaming laptop (Dell G15).

Heatman

I'm really enjoying my Playstation 4 more than I ever imagined. Yes, Playstation 5 is great but I'm yet to have it, so I'm going to stick with my PS4 as my favorite gaming system for now.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements