• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

What franchises do you want from the PS3 to head to the PS4?

With all game system cycles, not all the franchises make it over to the succeeding system. Sometimes it's because companies want a fresh start with new ideas. Other times it can be because they don't have the resources to devote to them. But if you had a vote, what franchise(s) would you like to see make it from the PS3 to the PS4?

DrRipley

I'd like to see God of War and GTA on the new console and I can't wait for that to finally happen. I'm also looking forward to seeing how they would treat film adaptations since I think with this amount of technology they should be able to finally make decent ones.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Not that they're exclusive to PS3 ofcourse but GTA,RDR,Half Life and Doom :)
(Not to mention CoD and BF)

brad

GTA is not coming to PS4 with the new one well thats what they have said i'm not to sure about the other ones which will be coming out soon but V won't be, hmm id like Rage to come to PS4 as that game was awesome kinda like the newer dooms but it was really good.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
GTA is not coming to PS4 with the new one well thats what they have said i'm not to sure about the other ones which will be coming out soon but V won't be.
Yeah,'most' will know this but the topic title is about 'Which franchise' not which game :)

jptrey06

Shin Megami Tensei for sure. Atlus is on sale right now so I'm fearing what will be the future of the franchise, so Im gonna keep my fingers crossed that hopefully Atlus will be taken over by good hands.
Ill also add, Tales of course and like what mudgee said, anything from SE as long as its not hitman.

Pandsu

This might sound funny, but I'd really like to see the Naruto games by CyberConnect2 on PS4.
I'm not a huge Naruto fan, kinda stopped watching a long time ago and whenever I see something from later episodes in videos or the games I firmly apply my palm to my forehead but the games are still kinda fun and, more importantly in this case, looked fucking fantastic. The devs just have a talent making their graphics look absolutely amazing and very close to the show. Now if they still put as much effort into a next gen game, that'd probably be the best looking game I have ever seen. I'm dead serious. I'm just a sucker for that kind of stuff.

For similar reasons, while that might not necessarily be the same franchise as the one on the PS3, I'd love to see a new anime style RPG by Level 5, possibly in conjunction with Ghibli again.

FFX_Yuna1

I am a massive Ratchet and Clank fan. It is one of my favorite games of all time. I have always enjoyed games from Insomniac and the only game I never got that they made was Disruptor. I am sure they already have plans for the PS4 and I will be extremely excited to see their first game launched for the new system. My husband and I actually play all the Ratchet and Clank games together. When I originally met him I introduced him to the first five installments of the game. We played them together (usually he plays a level then I get to play the next level and so on). So it's become something we both look forward to and we play together. Seeing that on PS4 will make both of us very happy. Ratchet and Clank is one of the few games I can honestly say is perfect in my opinion. I get on, I play, some areas are a bit challenging (especially on challenge mode), and I just have fun blowing stuff up. It's the perfect game to be released for PS4.

Another series I would want to see come to PS4 it would be another Heavy Rain type of game. I just loved the game on PS3 and as far as story and depth go, that one takes the cake. Seeing another game of similar nature or maybe even a sequel or new story entirely would be great.

And finally I enjoy the telltale Walking Dead series on PS3 currently, and I would like to see them continue the series on PS4. It's just a simple fun game that once again my husband and I like to play together. (Just to side note we also played Heavy Rain together). We both enjoyed seeing the different choices and slightly different stories the characters would share because of our different choices, etc. It was a lot of fun for the both of us and I think a lot of people would enjoy seeing that game continued on the PS4.

LuckyPupil

There are few things I would like to see and will most likely see. I want to Bethesda and Fallout 4 and Prey 2. I'd like to see Rockstar make Red Dead Redemption 2. Also, I want to see Bandai Namco make a next gen Soul Calibur game. I'd buy all of these games in a heartbeat.

OniBlackMage

RPG Ambassador
Given what I'm taking from Tales of Xillia, I'm already on board for a next-gen installment of the franchise. Its great to see this series take a huge step forward from the minor step that was Tales of Graces.

That aside, I still clamor for Valkyria Chronicles to continue on (we need more quality Strategy RPGs in general), and I'd like another Katamari installment. Katamari was such an addictive and colorful puzzle game, that I think there is still life and potential in it. The last game was a slight cash-in on the franchise, which was a shame.

Since we're making a wishlist, I second Fallout 4 and Uncharted 4.

Bradmaven

I'd like another Katamari installment. Katamari was such an addictive and colorful puzzle game, that I think there is still life and potential in it. The last game was a slight cash-in on the franchise, which was a shame.

Thats actually a great idea. With the crazy power of the PS4 you could get some amazingly detailed environments to roll around and destroy.

And yeah, I'll join the queue of people asking for a Fallout 4. Chuck in a Ninja Gaiden and I will be one happy camper.

NatureSun

If we're talking about exclusives then obviously I would love to see an Uncharted 4 on PS4. I can only imagine the insane graphics it would have. Ehh...I'm salivating already!

Other than that I do hope they continue with Red Dead Redemption on next gen. That is another game which would look fabulous and it's gameplay mechanics could be refined better as I found them a bit clunky on PS3.