• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

What ever happened to different console colors, and will the PS4 have them?

Joker99352

I can understand that the color of the console is a bit part of the brand, but why aren't there different colored consoles like there are iPods, laptops, and even controllers? Before the Wii came out, there was concept art of it coming in about half a dozen different colors, but that never happened either. I know there are special and limited edition consoles that come in different colors, but why not make it an option all the time?

What do you guys think? If they did make different colors available, would it make you more likely to buy one? Do you think it would boost sales in general?

Haze

I would of loved a white PS3 when they came out a while ago (I think they came in a bundle with Final Fantasy XIII?)

As for the PS4, I reckon it'll be the same as it was with the PS3. Limited Edition colours.

ozadin

I think it would boost sales. I believe the reason for not selling colored consoles is that the companies are afraid that noone will buy them. It also costs a little extra for them to design it that way. I wish they would offer custom-made consoles though. They are not losing anything from that.

ozadin

Exactly the same thing that happened with the multi colored PSVita.
View attachment 11
Seriously, look at those vibrant, sexy colors! I want those so bad!

That looks really cool. For some reason, I always picture colored consoles to be worse than the original colors it came in. Seeing these colors make me change my mind. They look fantastic, and I'm hoping the PS4 does something similar like that.

Joker99352

My computer had the option of a colored faceplate, so I got to choose the color myself. It's easy and cost effective for them because it's just one part of the computer. If they built PS4s in that kind of way, they could sell the colored parts separately. I know that they sell skins that you can put on different consoles, but they're usually low-quality and cost way too much.

RaggaJungle

If PS4 bring out multi coloured version of the PS4, then that would be awesome, and I agree that it would boost sales. I really doubt this will be the case though, because there are not only no rumours about it , but it's just not the sort of thing Sony does, they don't wish to cramp the 'sleek colour scheme' :p

DrRipley

I want this as well, but I suspect that early on they will only be releasing it in one color, as they usually do (as far as I know). I usually wait for a special edition I like before I buy a console since I'm not usually too enthused with the stock design they offer and I get sick of it easily from seeing the same color and design in each friends' or families' house I go to. Hopefully they come out with nice ones this generation.

NickJ

Even Desktop PC's and laptops now come in different colors. Or you can have them customized into one different color and so on. Maybe someone can have their PS4 customized into a different color. Could just paint the damn thing if you wanted.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements