• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

What are your thoughts on the Assassins Creed series?

Medza

To me the series is dead. I really loved it when the first game came out, I played through 1,2 then reluctantly through Brotherhood and by the time I got to Revelations I realised that it's gone far enough and been degraded to the COD level. The series essentially became an annual release that we see come out every year, and every year it gets that little bit worse. They've totally gone off the rails with 3 and 4 looks even more ridiculous. Revelations was the last AC game that I bought and I don't intend to buy anymore. What are your thoughts on this? Will you be getting AC4?

Haze

Assassin's Creed: I really liked the first one. I played that one non-stop. It had it's problems but what game doesn't?

Assassin's Creed 2: The second one I didn't like at first, but months later I played it again and couldn't stop playing.

Brotherhood: For me, is the best AC game to date and I will find hard to top with future installments.

Revelations: I have yet to play sadly as that's the only AC game I haven't played, but I have a spare $20 on my PSN account and Revelations is $17.95...

AC III: Ready for this one? I really disliked this one. A lot. 3/4 of the game was a tutorial and Conner just fell flat. And I was very much looking forward to this one too but man I was disappointed.

As for Black Flag and the future of the series, Black Flag looks pretty good I got to say. I like the theme (pirates) and the main assassin in this game. I don't like that there will be a yearly release for these games as I feel it's too much (just like the Call of Duty franchise). I would rather them take 2-3 years on working on a really great Assassin's Creed title instead of making small improvements each year.

PS. I haven't played the PSP game "Bloodlines" or the PS Vita "Liberation" - which I really would love to play as it looks good and a female assassin would be a nice change :)

Haven't really played them. Still, even though it is exploited, I DO like how its different from the other annualized releases. I would probably give it a shot, but it's just too much to get into :/

Pickicool

I think the series has lost its splendor.
I loved Assassin's Creed. I even liked AC3.

Unfortunately ... The first time I saw the trailer for AC4, I knew we were losing something. I do not think you will find the spirit that was in the first Assassin's Creed. They must also know that they can not introduce a new main character in each game.
For me, after Ezio was Connor.

It's really become like the series Call Of Duty = An episode every year for lots of money. It is a pity.

I really liked these games ...

Joker99352

I love the Assassin's Creed series. Yes, it's getting repetitive, but when you start with something great is that really a bad thing? AC IV looks amazing and I'm considering pre-ordering it. I haven't played ACIII, but from what I've heard it's pretty much the same as the past ones but with a different character. If people don't feel like playing the series anymore, that's their choice, and it's also their loss.

DrRipley

I haven't played them all, but to be honest, I don't really expect too much from this title so I'm usually not disappointed. I just play it whenever I want to play something more slowly paced. My only complain is that I don't really like the theme of the new one, as what really pleased me about the first game was because it was in a city and I liked the character in it much better, but that's just a matter of preference.

Esperahol

Hmm. I don't see a problem for the series really. I mean it does have a lot of releases, but then again so does Mario and Pokemon. I mean to be honest I didn't really like the first game - it was boring and the game play was rather insipid on top of which I wasn't too fond of the overall storyline. That said I enjoyed the second game much more, and felt like the series had taken a great step forward. Brotherhood was an interesting experiment that provided a lot of time logged on my system. I skipped Revelations, because I decided to just get III. I liked Connor - I liked the many little things you could do and the things they ported over from Brotherhood. That said I only bothered with Liberation because the character and unfortunately there wasn't much there besides the character. But I think I will like Black Flag - why wouldn't I? It has the ships that got me into AC III. I like ships. So yeah - I have to disagree.

OniBlackMage

RPG Ambassador
Originally I wasn't big on the series when it first came out, but a friend convinced me to buy the first one. I did so, and was hooked. I played it constantly, exploring the entire world, killing all knight Templars, planning my strikes, and even collecting all 1000 flags. My personal opinion of the series, its gets better and better.

-Assassin's Creed 1 - Like I mentioned above, this was such a creative game at the time, being able to parkour/climb anywhere and everywhere. Even to today not a lot of games have that freedom in mobility.
-Assassin's Creed 2 - So good it made the first game look like a boring Tech Demo. Everyone loves Ezio's charm, as well as the innovation in gameplay mechanics, and abundance of new things to do and see in a rich city.
-Assassin's Creed 2: Brotherhood - I agree with many that is the crown gem of the series so far. I had my doubts at first, but I saw they took everything we love, made it better, and added even more.
-Assassin's Creed 2: Revelations - This was a good game but admittedly not as good as Brotherhood (that's a hard act to follow!). Less interesting places, new mechanics not exercised properly, and the jump in challenge was strange. It felt like it was more to close up loose ends and prep for the next chapter.
-Assassin's Creed 3 - Mixed opinions on this one. The intro chapters were actually more charismatic and interesting than most of the game. Conner just isn't as likable or interesting, and neither were most of the Desmond missions they had you do. They also changed certain accepted mechanics of the series for no reason, and spiked the difficulty on many segments. The frontier running and naval combat saved this game. If nothing but the naval combat was its own game, I would buy it, it was THAT fun.

And Assassin's Creed 4 looks like its taking the right steps in the right directions. Every gameplay video they put out gets me more excited to play it and pleased with the choices they made. If Ubisoft is pouring as much love into it as Brotherhood, we might just have a new series king.

Last edited: