• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Weird issues with internet on ps4? (low download speed but high upload speeds)

kiyouma

Hello everyone,

I recently moved my ps4 from a room that contained the modem into a room that does not. I have connected via WiFi but I'm encountering unusual problems.

My ps4 seems to not stream anything properly (netflix, online games, etc) and disconnects many times. I ran multiple internet connection tests on my ps4 and I always get weird numbers.
For example, on one speed test I had 20 kbs download and 3mbs upload. My upload is substantionally larger than my download.

I called my ISP about a potention bottling of my speed and they said nothing was usual. I was able to verify when I ran speed tests on multiple devices (my laptop and 2 of my housemates laptops). So it definitely isn't my ISP which is causing this issue.

My connection signal is at 87% roughly and goes up to 90% sometimes. So I know I have a good signal. I have tried resetting my router/modem a couple of times and it does not seem to have fixed anything.

I followed a video that said to change the DNS and I have done so but that also didn't work.
One last piece of information to note is that when I search for wifi networks some disappear and reappear when I refresh even though they have almost complete bars.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can fix this because this seems to be a ps4 problem.

rkkeller

The PS4 from my experience does not ever get your FULL speeds. I have 105/10 and my PS4 only gets 33/4 roughly while all my other devices get 75+/10.

I had a hard time using the wifi with it, so I ended up running a wire.

I would just run a wire if you can.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements