• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

WATCH_DOGS as the true successor of Assassin's Creed series

Mesmond

Let me start by saying that I am a huge fan (an understatement) of the Assassin's Creed farnchise. I love everything about that game. Then, when searching for AC III videos I came across this new interesting E3 gameplay demo of Watch Dogs. It immediately grabbed me with it's great visuals, the interesting gameplay and the fact that you were a hacker who is... I think it's appropriate to say "All-powerful" and who is acting as a sort of "judge". These similarities and the fact that the game is also produced by Ubisoft makes me see it as the true "spiritual" successor to the Assassin's Creed series.

Haze

Yes this game looks great. And I see what you mean as a "spiritual" successor to AC. I really hope this game does well as we need new IP's!

Lokitns

I saw some posts about people saying AC should evolve and eventually you become Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell. But yeah, I could def see WD being a successor. You know there's going to be a ton of Easter eggs in WD that throwback to AC. Ubi would be crazy not to at least have SOME fun with the idea.

Mesmond

I even think we can find easter eggs in the footage that is already released... but maybe that's just me wanting to make the connection stronger, although I really do see the markings on the back of Aiden's jacket as a minimalistic representation of the Assassin's symbol.

Clark Wayne

Yeah the game definitely looks pretty amazing. It looks like Ubisoft took the open world thing to a whole new level with this game. All of the trailers and gameplay footage have been fantastic. Still, I can't wait to actually play the game and see if will live up to all the massive hype it has received. If the games is as amazing as everybody hopes and it sells well, then Ubisoft will definitely have another big franchise on their hands.

RedXuchilbara

I for one can't wait to try out the Multiplayer it looks really amazing!!
though I wonder if there will be more then just invading other players games for the multiplayer.
or will there be more modes?

OniBlackMage

RPG Ambassador
It really does look like a modern Assassin's Creed doesn't it? It would not surprise me to see some easter eggs dropped in. Maybe the mark of the assassins, or Abstergo logo somewhere. It would be crazy if he encountered someone missing a portion of his ring finger, so I'll be keeping an eye out for that.

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." It does seem to follow that creed.

Sato

I'm looking forward to this game so much! However, the thing I loved most about Assassin's Creed, particularly the second game, was it's ability to give me a powerful story with characters I will get emotionally attached to. I'm slightly worried that Watch_Dogs won't be able to replicate that feeling, however I believe it should be a good game either way!

Oakster

That's an interesting connection there...
I guess Watch Dogs is *sort* of like Assassin's Creed only more hacking and less hay carts :)

BlackSolaris

Professional Escapologist
Maybe we will see a cameo or at least a reference? It would bad for them not to do something like that. The game does look really cool, i wonder how big the world is and how long the main story is.

crazyduck

It looks amazing. I can't wait to get this game for the PS3. I have a lot of faith in this game so it better be good. I better not get my hopes too high though as it might ruin my hopes for the game and my experience.