• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Watch Dogs delayed until 2014

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Im sure many people were exited for this as a launch title but now Ubisoft has delayed its release until FQ 2014.

Straight from Ubisoft: http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-delay/

So how does this effect you? Were you really looking forward to picking this up day one? Has you interest in getting a PS4 at launch lessoned cause of its release date?

unwittyoneliner

Im sure many people were exited for this as a launch title but now Ubisoft has delayed its release until FQ 2014.

Straight from Ubisoft: http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-delay/

So how does this effect you? Were you really looking forward to picking this up day one? Has you interest in getting a PS4 at launch lessoned cause of its release date?

It's good that they're taking their time to refine the game. If it's necessary, then I'm all for it.

Mizali

I'm a bit disappointed by the delay, but I understand the reasons for it and I think that if they weren't ready for the release and still had things to work out and needed time to get the quality up, it's better to delay. I'd rather not have another situation where I get a game and it's not really playable because there are too many bugs, after all. Given that I tend to give up on a game and not finish it when I hit bugs that stop me in my tracks, that's doubly true!

The only thing that really disappoints me with this one is that it was the one game I had pre-ordered for launch day. Oh well!

Linkzelda41

I guess they’re wanting to make sure the game gets off with a good impression, it’s not going to be the end of the world waiting for 2014. At least it’s not like Half-Life 3, and maybe there might be some changes needed in the future with the console itself. Having a game being incompatible (kind of like the Nintendo Wii with the CD error fix) would cause more disappointment than this delay.

Will just have to get used to playing older games again until then.

andy103

That's kind of a bummer. I was really looking forward to that game after watching the trailer. The graphics look stunning, to say the least. Honestly, I cant say I'm surprised it's delayed though since Assassin's Creed just came out and Watch Dogs looks like a really in depth game that would take a lot of work.

RaggaJungle

This is quite dissapointing really. Watch Dogs is on the top of my list for games to be included with the PS4 purchase. On the plus side, I won't be getting a PS4 until next year so I suppose the wait won't affect me overall. Perhaps a delay is not such a bad thing, it just means they have to deliver a killer title when it's released! I have high hopes for it.

SpaceTiger

I was planning on getting Watch Dogs for PS3 or Wii U when it came out. A delay sucks, but doesn't really affect me. Just means Ubisoft is going to put out a great-at-minimum game. A spring release is sometime off from the original release date, but it puts pressure on the developers to deliver.

If it came out this fall and was less than stellar it would be more like "Well it is a new IP, the next one should be amazing, but this is still pretty kick ass" but moving several months down the line (roughly 5-6 months) puts it in "must be stellar" territory. "Solid" or "good" wouldn't be good enough.

Ghost_of_Crash

I actually agree that the longer the game takes to come out, the lower the threshold of error/how good the game is. They started development in 2009 and need a little extra time (well 5-7 months isn't exactly "a little time", but okay) to make sure the game is at its best, yeah there's no room for the game to be less than great. It's not like they started on the game last year or the year before or something :p

I'm sure it will be an excellent game. I'm getting it for PS4 when it finally comes out.

baracksyndel

I wish it wasn't but I'd rather them release a fully complete and working game rather than a buggy mess. I still haven't forgotten the poor Vita Rayman: Legends players. Still it's a shame, the games that are currently available for the PS4 aren't that impressive and Watch Dogs would have really helped make the launch more successful.

dragoonblade

It's a huge disappointment to PS4 owners since I'm sure a lot of them bought the console so quickly just for a chance to play the game. But I'd rather it be delayed and fix whatever issues it may have then be a buggy mess. I really don't want another Beyond: Two Souls situation, so here's hoping that when it does finally come out that it'll be worth all the hype it's gotten.

22SQ

I am really excited for this one. Better to take their time than to deliver a broken game. Gotta have patience....

I agree with this. There's not many titles that would get me more excited than an Infinity Ward COD release, but this one has done it. Even the storyline to the whole game, got a feeling it could be a gaming revolution!

Mike

I wonder why they are taking more time on it. To fix the games bugs? Or maybe to add more features?

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements