• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Video games based on films/TV

Haze

So, there are a lot of bad games based on films/TV shows out there.

My questions are Which is the worst game based on a film/TV show you have played? and Which is the best/above average game based on a film/TV show?

For worst, I would say "Terminator Salvation". Just a bland generic third person shooter with laughable AI (both friendly and enemy) which is a shame. It had so much potential. Terminator could be a fantastic video game if done right.

For best, might be on my own here but "The Amazing Spider-Man" with an honorable mention to X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Spider-Man, whilst not the best game, did exceed my expectations. Was a lot of fun swinging around the city and combat was great even though it was very similar to the Batman Arkham games. Heck, I even collected all those comic pages floating around the city.

What about you guys?

XDetTigers420X

All i know is that they need to make a Seinfeld game! Kramer would be the ultimate character. Throw in a Elaine,Jerry,and George...You can't forget about Newman! The TV series was classic. I'm still waiting for that PS3/4 game to come out!

xxfearless

Best, I'd have to say Spider-Man 2. The PS2 version was open world, and I really enjoyed going around exploring the city and stopping criminals. There were lots of sidequests to play, and if I remember right you had to build up a sort of reputation (hero points, I believe) to unlock the main story quests. It was innovative and showed that superhero games really worked as open world.

Worst there could be any number of games... movie games usually suck! I guess I can't go with the obvious ET for Atari, since I haven't actually played it. Off the top of my head, any of the Mary-Kate and Ashley games (I'm looking at you, Sweet 16), and Fight Club. Fight Club wasn't only a really average, unimpressive game, but totally missed the point of the movie. The movie was smart and thought provoking, and the game was just a standard fighting game with sub-par graphics and no plot.

Ebib

I think one of the worst movie/tv games I've played was the Mary Kate and Ashley games. My younger sister was a huge fan and got the
Sweet 16 game for her birthday. Even she said it was terrible and she loves the twins. The only good part was the cupcake game.

I think one of the best was The Simpsons Hit and Run. It was such a fun game and I played it to the end. It was fantastic, had a great
storyline and god graphics. The controls were a bit glitchy but overall a really fun game. The Simpsons always seem to do ok
when making games, not the best but when it comes to movie/film games you don't get many.

If you class the Lego games I think they're the best! I'm not too sure if they class though, even they they are based off the movies like
Harry Potter, Star Wars, Indiana Jones and The Lord of the Rings. They are some really fun games, simple game play but it's fun to play
through the stories you know in the movies.

ozadin

I haven't played any bad games that are related to TV-shows since I only played one. I can tell you that the game was really good, and not bad at all.

The game is called The Walking Dead. Yes, I'm sure many of you heard it by now, but the storyline was amazing. I didn't expect the ending. The plot was very well-developed, and I would play it again.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements