• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

USB Video playing through the PS3

crazyduck

Forgive me if you already know this but some people may not. For example, you have a video on your computer you want to watch through your TV but your TV doesn't have a USB slot. Time to start panicking? No it is not. Simply put the film on a USB pen and plug it into your PS3. Then go down to videos and it should be down the bottom. Make sure you don't put it in a folder though, otherwise you have to go exploring. Just something I thought I would share with you guys. Most of you guys probably know stuff like this but I just want to help a few guys if they didn't.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Yeah,I used to watch many via PS3 but sadly it doesnt play all types,like mkv. My TV on the other hand,plays all Ive tested.

BlackSolaris

Professional Escapologist
Yeah,I used to watch many via PS3 but sadly it doesnt play all types,like mkv. My TV on the other hand,plays all Ive tested.

Pretty much this, and wouldn't it just be better if i watch whatever i want on my PC or connect my screen to my computer by HDMI and just go with that?

TheMac

Forgive me if you already know this but some people may not. For example, you have a video on your computer you want to watch through your TV but your TV doesn't have a USB slot. Time to start panicking? No it is not. Simply put the film on a USB pen and plug it into your PS3. Then go down to videos and it should be down the bottom. Make sure you don't put it in a folder though, otherwise you have to go exploring. Just something I thought I would share with you guys. Most of you guys probably know stuff like this but I just want to help a few guys if they didn't.

Why not just set up your computer via media streaming and put the file in the appropriate directory on your computer?

crazyduck

Well I have a few ways I watch films. Usually, I plug the USB into my TV and if it doesn't play I then put it into the PS3 to work. If it still doesn't work, I put it on my laptop and then connect it via HDMI. I like the USB option though because it is more convenient for me when I want to watch them. I also download them to my tablet then export it to my USB so I don't want to have to fiddle around with my laptop really.

NatureSun

Yea, but there is one thing to keep in mind. If for some reason your USB drive folder is not opening in the PS3, click the triangle button and then view all contents. It will come up then and you will be able to play it.

Howeverm the best way to do this is via media server. Just download PS3 Media Server, it supports all files and works wirelessly. You just need to be on the same wifi network and you can stream videos from your computer directly to your TV via PS3.

Haze

Howeverm the best way to do this is via media server. Just download PS3 Media Server, it supports all files and works wirelessly. You just need to be on the same wifi network and you can stream videos from your computer directly to your TV via PS3.

I agree and second this. I use PS3 Media Server and works great.

GetFresh

I already knew about this. Doing this makes watching movies so much easier. My TV doesn't have a USB slot, so I have to rely on my PS3 to play it.

CpmPanda

I still use this method to play videos. TV Shows, Movies and even Music through my 32gb USB stick. It's pretty amazing the playback is smooth. Make sure to make a VIDEO folder in your Usb directory when you go to My computer and click on your drive and put the movie in there. Preferably MP4 format.

Also if you have movies protected by Cinavia, make sure that once the message comes on and it mutes your video, go to TIME SETTINGS on your ps3 and jump it 24 hours from the current time. Once you do that, go back and play the video from where you were at. You'll have to do it once every 30 minutes though but at least you get to watch your video. I had that happen with my own recorded videos of me skateboarding. I wanted to see my editing on my HD TV and I got that. I have no idea why I got that from my camera...? Awkward.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements