• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

US PS4 in UK (PSN Question)

thedtjs

Hi

I am planning on buying a PS4 in the next couple of days. I can get a US spec one a lot cheaper than a UK one. I'm know that the games are region free, and I have my PAL PS3 to play PAL Blu Ray's on.

My question is: Would having a US (NTSC) spec machine affect PSN at all? Is the PSN location based? I am wondering if I can still play online with my friends here in the UK with no issues.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

thedtjs

yes you can. PS4 region has no effect on your online features. it depends on your psn account.

Thanks for your reply.

Does the same go for DLC? I know people have had problems in the past with a US spec machine and certain DLC not working with a European game, due to region locking to DLC.

don_bidarian

Thanks for your reply.

Does the same go for DLC? I know people have had problems in the past with a US spec machine and certain DLC not working with a European game, due to region locking to DLC.

That depends on your game's region not the console's.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements