• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Upgrading extended storage - HELP!

Digritz

SO, I have managed to get hold of a PS5 and have transferred everything to the PS5 from my PS4, and used the extended drive, - fine.
The trouble is games are now so big I need to change the extended drive for something larger.
PS5 said - delete games from extended storage - or format the storage, and then re-download games or insert the disks - fine
Did that - formatted my old extende3d storage - using the ps5 to format it.
unplugged it
plugged the new drive in - formatted as extended storage.
Try to re-download god of war - and other ps4 games - and it says I still need to delete them from the old drive - but I've done that !!!

So how to I get the PS5 to download my games?

I've moved all the game data ( saves and progress data ) to the cloud storage.
Actual game data that is the game itself is deleted... but it still won't let me download it....

If anyone has a solution I'd be grateful - there is NOTHING on the Playstationsite about upgrading external storage and the best way to do that.
I'm kicking myself for formatting the drive.
When did format - it was plugged into the ps5 and the ps5 could see that it was my extended rive with all the game data on it.

Hope one of you have an answer.