• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

UPDATE2: Watch Dogs PS4 will run at 900P 30FPS

sparkblade14

Welp, looks like it just got removed from the site. I was confused because the devs confirmed somewhere around March it was 30 fps. I don't think I've seen an open world next-gen game run at 1080p/60 so far anyway. Btw there's so much misinformation about this game lol.

Ridge

How many Ps will the Xbone run at???!!!

I'm pretty sick of this argument... Have any of us been super excited for a game, than upon hearing about 30FPS or 720P not wanted it anymore?

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Yep,looks like it has now been removed,no actual number mentioned now.
However earlier this year Ubisoft did say 1080P is their target resolution on PS4.

(Topic title updated).

Have any of us been super excited for a game, than upon hearing about 30FPS or 720P not wanted it anymore?
Perhaps not,but it is nice to know that a game will run at 'full HD' and 60fps though isnt it?
Would'nt you prefer that if possible over 720P 30fps? I do.

Last edited:

Ridge

Yep,looks like it has now been removed,no actual number mentioned now.
However earlier this year Ubisoft did say 1080P is their target resolution on PS4.

(Topic title updated).

Perhaps not,but it is nice to know that a game will run at 'full HD' and 60fps though isnt it?
Would'nt you prefer that if possible over 720P 30fps? I do.

Sure I'd prefer it, but ultimately it doesn't affect me playing the game either way. If I just wanted something pretty and CG to look at I'd watch Avatar all day..

Madcat32

How many Ps will the Xbone run at???!!!

I'm pretty sick of this argument... Have any of us been super excited for a game, than upon hearing about 30FPS or 720P not wanted it anymore?

Driveclub has certainly lost some of it's appeal stating 30 FPS a la Need For Speed.

After playing Gran Turismo 5 & 6 for ages I want my next gen racer to hit 1080p and locked 60 FPS for a smooth and silky driving experience.

When you are out in front in GT and the weather is nice the game play is just so responsive.

I just don't get the same feeling when playing Need For Speed on my PS4. Now it could be the style of game is too arcadey, too much blur but for me it just doesn't quite feel "right".

Abqu

The hype train on this game is huge. I'd love to see the advertised specs, but at this point I don't know what to believe.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Yep,I was about to post that..lol
But have updated topic title...again...lol

900P 30fps while the failbox none is at 792P ...(Please no comments on my nickname of the xbox you know what..lol)

sparkblade14

Lol I knew it. Like I said, sooo much misinformation. I had a hunch that there was no way it was 60 fps. The fact that they couldn't 1080p is disappointing though. The XB1 runs at 792p, which is a really weird number. Oh well, like someone here said, it's not a gamebreaker.

FosterTXT

It isn't surprising that Watchdogs will run at 900p at 30 FPS. The amount of things going on at any given time in Watch Dogs will greatly bog down performance in todays consoles. Unless the developers decide to do some heavy optimization it will more than likely be released as is.

don_bidarian

Well I was hoping for 1080p/30fps, but meh, 900p while not good, still better than 792p :p
Glad we are not worst of the group, but I dont wanna hear PC gamers moan about their powerful PCs...

Strykstar

What can be the reason for this decision?
Hardware issues? Did they not know the console specs when making the game and went overboard?
1080p is pretty much standard nowadays, not supporting it is a big shot in foot.

nickjt

It's strange the way they have been all over the place with these numbers recently, they must have had the final build running for a while now so they should have known. I don't really care that they have lower it, that isn't what I will be playing the game for, and I would still be buying it if it was a PS3 only game.

Oogles

I don't really mind the lowering the numbers, I think that's better than them releasing a completely unplayable game just to satisfy our need for 1080p and 60 fps. Yeah, I guess the most logical reason for them to do it is because they overdid it with the graphics. Maybe they went too much towards the PC hardware capability and got kicked in the ass after learning that the PS4 can't handle it and from what I've seen in the trailers and gameplay this is not a game that I would want to touch at 60 FPS even I know that a console is probably going to have a lot of trouble running it after seeing the minimum requirement for the PC version.

daimashin

I don't care how many Ps the game has as long as it looks good and plays great. From the few videos I've seen of the 8th gen versions frankly, they don't look impressive at all. A farcry from what we were lead to believe initially when the game was announced. Even on the PC, it's nothing like the early build that was shown. I guess this is why they delayed the game's release. All in all, I'm going to hold out and see some real gameplay before deciding on whether it's good or bad for me.