• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Top Five Games for the PS?

Esperahol

This has probably already been asked, but what are your top five? Mine in order are:

Metal Gear Solid
Final Fantasy 7
Soul Reaver
Street Fight Alpha 3
and
Final Fantasy Tactics

Of those listed I'd like to see more out of Soul Reaver and less Final Fantasy... unless it involves tactics. Y tu?

Medza

At the time of the PlayStation I wasn't really a gamer so I never got down to the nitty gritty stuff and the less popular games ,but I did have a very good time playing some of the big hits like Crash Bandicoot , Mortal Combat , Spyro and later the Harry Potter games. I might actually return to it and get a decent PS1 emulator and try out some of the games that I've missed out on.

Joker99352

Final Fantasy VII and VIII are definitely up there, I think. I didn't play all the classics like many people did, so it's hard for me to say from firsthand experience. I always really liked the Twisted Metal series, too, but I don't know if I would necessarily put them on the list.

lindbergh

I think that my answer for this question differs every time. Lol. There are so many great PS games that I could easily interchange my top ten games. So despite that, here's my list:

Xenogears - This game never leaves my top 5 games of all time. It had such a great story that engaged me from beginning to end.
Metal Gear Solid - I did not immediately get into this game but when I did, it was a one of a kind experience.
Final Fantasy VIII - the great graphics, CG cinemas and cool characters make it to my top 5.
Vagrant Story - I think that this is the best action/turn-based RPG hybrid on the PS.
Tekken 3 - The best fighting game on the PlayStation. I played it for hours and hours.

Pickicool

I agree to Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy 7!
Arguably chrono trigger and Final Fantasy 9 that marked me personally!
I have no idea for the 5th!

We remember these games, because it marked the history of video games! Especially Metal Gear Solid inspired many other productions!

Speaking of that, I almost than willing to play it again! These games are truly unforgettable!

Gamer_Fries

I played my playstation quite a bit when I was younger, but my favorite games won't all be great games.

Here they are in no paticular order:
-Silent Hill
-Power Ranger Time Force
-Spyro
-Madden NFL 2001
-GTA London 1969

So those are the games I really enjoyed playing back when I had my Playstation; Metal Gear was a pretty good game but I never owned it myself.

Joker99352

If it's just the games I enjoy the most, I'd also include the Jet Moto games. Gran Turismo 2 was fun, but I never played it the right way so it doesn't really count. Honestly, I didn't play that many games overall, so it's hard to be really objective about it.

lindbergh

I played my playstation quite a bit when I was younger, but my favorite games won't all be great games.

-Silent Hill
-Power Ranger Time Force
-Spyro
-Madden NFL 2001
-GTA London 1969

So those are the games I really enjoyed playing back when I had my Playstation; Metal Gear was a pretty good game but I never owned it myself.
Power Ranger Time Force? Hmm, I never heard of this game before. Is it an action adventure game? A platform game? Does the graphics look good? What makes it so great that you have included it in your top 5? I never played a Power Rangers game in my life. I loved the TV series when I was a kid though.

Joker99352

I played a lot of crap games back then because I used to rent just about anything. I never read reviews about games, so I pretty much just looked at covers. I don't think I ever owned more than 4-5 games for the PlayStation, now that I think about it.

Esperahol

-Silent Hill
-Power Ranger Time Force
-Spyro
-Madden NFL 2001
-GTA London 1969

I like your choices but mostly because I love the Silent Hill series and Spyro (I bought Skyland). That said I don't remember GTA London 1969, but I do remember Power Ranger Time Force... That game was suckish... very suckish. Actually all power ranger games appear to be suckish. I don't know why that is... Still Madden was fun, but Madden is generally always fun.

DrRipley

I never really got to play too much on the PS1, to be honest, so I never got the chance to really get into many of the popular titles. However, the games that I did get to play, I enjoyed a lot. My top 5:

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
Twisted Metal
Tomb Raider
FF8
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Last edited:

Jellyfish

In no order:

Final Fantasy VII
Metal Gear Solid
Gran Turismo
Silent Hill
GTA
Vandal Hearts (yeah, not that good but I just like it)
Resident Evil II
Crash Bandicoot

Ok, that's eight already, I will stop here. There are just so many of them worth mentioning.

Paradox

I was pretty big into JRPG's back when the PS1 was out.

Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Legend of the Dragoon
Bloody Roar
Bloody Roar 2

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements