• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Too many High level character early on?

andrew172

When Guild wars started there were player who reached the maximum level cap within a matter of days. Do you think the same will happen with the Elder Scrolls online? being just a casual player myself with a job and other things to do, it kind sucks to play an MMO for a while and be living in the shadow of players who play it for 12 hours straight every day.

aperture7

It happens with every game. I got GTA V the first day it was out, and the first day online (that it worked) there were people leveled up to 30 or 40. I have no idea how that's even possible.

andrew172

It happens with every game. I got GTA V the first day it was out, and the first day online (that it worked) there were people leveled up to 30 or 40. I have no idea how that's even possible.

Ah I never thought that GTA would have suffered from the same curse. It's kind of a shame for us casual players. I like it when games do their best of spawning players in different locations depending on their skill level. For example high skill players towards the center with lower skilled players to the outside.

Ghost_of_Crash

I see it happening, but I never saw it as a problem. If you're a casual MMORPG player, it's expected that you're going to be lower than the hardcore, devoted players who put in the time/have the time to put into developing their character.

andrew172

I see it happening, but I never saw it as a problem. If you're a casual MMORPG player, it's expected that you're going to be lower than the hardcore, devoted players who put in the time/have the time to put into developing their character.

True... I suppose that's the downfall of having a heavy job and such...

SpaceTiger

It's unfortunate because--as I mentioned before--there are some diehard fans of the series who would love to actually put the time in, but they have casual time to put into the game (a few hours at a time, a couple a week).

When you don't have flexible time for your job, you get paid to game, or you don't work and either A. have parents or a partner covering your expensive (maybe a sugar daddy or sugar mama) or B. you manage to fall backwards into money regularly, you're not going to put in the time you'd like.

andrew172

It's unfortunate because--as I mentioned before--there are some diehard fans of the series who would love to actually put the time in, but they have casual time to put into the game (a few hours at a time, a couple a week).

When you don't have flexible time for your job, you get paid to game, or you don't work and either A. have parents or a partner covering your expensive (maybe a sugar daddy or sugar mama) or B. you manage to fall backwards into money regularly, you're not going to put in the time you'd like.

Indeed, when I was playing Oblivion it was just after High school on summer break. I had all day every day to put in the hours, I'm not even going to say I put in on the game. But now... with a job.. and a girlfriend... and clients.. and responsibilities... and a social life... and ugh... the hardcore gamer in me is pretty much dead... sadly :(

SpaceTiger

The hardcore gamer is still there, it's just on casual time now. It happens when life gets hectic when it comes to anything people enjoy greatly.

SerraGirl

People find glitches and exploit them, or 5 people find glitches then share it online and 1000 people are doing it. blah! It sucks but at least they usually fix the game when the dev company fills in those holes and fixes them.

Stuck_X_Button

Yeah, it just takes enough people doing the same thing and a trend developing or someone pointing it out. On occasion the company might pick up on it themselves and close that hole. Most of the time though, I think it's just people who have a lot of time on their hands to give to an MMORPG, shooter, or fighting game mastery.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements