• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Titanfall On Xbox One And Xbox 360 Look Shockingly Similar

DrRipley

Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions of Titanfall look shockingly similar

Over at Digital Foundry, all three versions of Titanfall have been compared head-to-head. Apparently, the Xbox 360 port is rendering natively at 1040×600. That’s small compared to the 1408×792 resolution on the Xbox One, and the native 1080p resolution on the PC, but the numbers tell an interesting story. The Xbox One version is rendering at roughly 1.79 times the resolution of the 360, and the PC is rendering at roughly 1.86 times the resolution of the Xbox One. If you’re just comparing the sheer number of pixels, the gap between the Xbox One and PC is actually larger than the gap between the two Xboxes.
This isn't from personal experience, as I have neither consoles, nor do I have a gaming PC, but I thought the article and gif was interesting and wanted to read about your thoughts on it. I think they are still very similar now because we are still in a transitional stage, and probably in the future the graphics will be so much better on these newer consoles, or at least I hope so. What do you guys think?

Haze

Seems PC will always out-do graphics for every game. And most likely will for a long long time.

I actually think I'll pick up Titanfall for the 360 to see what all the fuss is about. Be my first time buying a 360 game in a long while!

Madcat32

A decent gaming PC probably costs £1000 though!!

It's well known that the Xbone has a poorer graphics card than PS4.

In actual specification terms (yes I'm a nerd I know) the Xbox One has a GPU that’s similar to the Radeon HD 7790, while the PS4 is similar to the the HD 7870.

In numerical terms, the Xbox One GPU has 12 compute units (768 shader processors), while the PS4 has 18 CUs (1152 shaders). The Xbox One is slightly ahead on GPU clock speed (853MHz vs. 800MHz for the PS4) after MS overclocked it but in reality no real difference as its the compute units and shader processors that matter most.

Both the One and PS4 will get better games as programmers learn to utilise the machine better.

Killzone single player and Infamous are simply beautiful games graphically and Assassins Creed Black Flag is also very, very good.

In 2 or 3 years I think we will have some mind blowing games graphically.

SeanM

well the graphics didn't have any significant change for the Xbox 1 only 720p after all, the PS4 blows it out of the water with 1080p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clark Wayne Titanfall does not support cross-platform play between Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC Xbox 7
Oberon Titanfall 2 beta now available PlayStation 4 1
Oberon Titanfall 2 teaser trailer PlayStation 4 0
Cpt Blackadder Titanfall - my review and thoughts on the game Xbox 17
Derri Could we see Titanfall coming to PS4? PlayStation 4 34
T Is it just me, or did the hype around Titanfall die off incredibly fast? Xbox 10
dieselfit I'm confused, is Titanfall coming out for the PS4? PlayStation 4 13
KMJ_84 Titanfall beta trial invites sent Xbox 11
W Titanfall on the PS4 PlayStation 4 26
Clark Wayne Thoughts on Titanfall being only multiplayer. Xbox 1
Preach2k Shocking PS5 Power & Price Advantage | Next Generation Xbox Series X vs. Playstation 5 Specs Leaks! PlayStation 5 0
T PS4/Xbox one cross network play PlayStation 4 1
2 PS4 or Xbox Multiplats PlayStation 4 0
EVILDEAD333 CronusMax Plus for xbox one and ps4 and 360 and ps3 Other Gaming Talk 1
Oberon Need for Speed Reboot Getting PS4/Xbox One Closed Beta [sign up page link] PlayStation 4 0
Y Yubin_Hydin PSN YUBIN HYDIN XBOX Introduce Yourself 1
T New to PlayStation! Formally Xbox owner Introduce Yourself 5
Oberon Project Cars 1080P on PS4,900P on Xbox One PlayStation 4 0
Nahunte XBOX renegade Introduce Yourself 9
Oberon Rock Band 4 Revealed for PS4 And Xbox One PlayStation 4 3
Oberon Is the PS4's UI and party chat so much beter than the Xbox's One's? Seems so PlayStation 4 1
J Few PS4 Questions From XBOX/XBOX 360 Owner PlayStation 4 18
Oberon PS4 / Xbox One getting Free to Play APB Reloaded June 2015 PlayStation 4 3
Oberon Advanced Warfare Update Released on PS4, Xbox One PC / 18th Dec PlayStation 4 0
Oberon Advanced Warfare Update Released on PS4, Xbox One PlayStation 4 2
J What is the online service like on the PS4 in comparison to the XBOX 1 and 360? Other Gaming Talk 1
Oberon PS4 Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Is 1080p, Xbox One Version Lower PlayStation 4 0
Haze Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas coming to Xbox 360! Xbox 7
M Hi guys! Xbox One convert here.... Introduce Yourself 5
R Anyone switch from Xbox One to PS4 here? PlayStation 4 23
Haze So, Rise of the Tomb Raider is Xbox Exclusive now? PlayStation 4 63
Haze The next Assassin's Creed game for PS3/Xbox 360 revealed? PlayStation 3 18
Oberon Rock Band and Plastic Instruments Will Return on Xbox One and PS4 PlayStation 4 10
Ridge Japanese Xbox One Commercial Is Pretty Great Other Gaming Talk 18
Ridge Kinectless Xbox One Coming In June Xbox 11
sammed92 Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition confirmed for both Xbox One and PS4 PlayStation 4 9
KMJ_84 Elder Scrolls Online PS4 & Xbox One delayed by six months – rumour PlayStation 4 4
Ridge What Are You Currently Playing? (PC/Xbox/Wii) Other Gaming Talk 10
D Why does the Xbox products not sell in Japan? Xbox 14
Takedon PS4 exclusives vs Xbox One exclusives PlayStation 4 61
Oberon Big Bang Theory :Sheldon Cant choose between PS4 & Xbox One Off Topic Lounge 2
F Different between PS and Xbox PlayStation 4 6
KMJ_84 Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer free on Xbox Live this weekend Xbox 0
KN1GHTMARE Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes gets price cut on PS4, Xbox One PlayStation 4 14
KMJ_84 Xbox One to trial cheaper digital prices Xbox 2
KN1GHTMARE NASCAR 14 skipping PS4 & Xbox One because of install base PlayStation 4 10
KMJ_84 2014 FIFA World Cup announced 'exclusively' for Xbox 360, PS3 PlayStation 3 1
KMJ_84 BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea episode 2 dated for PC, PS3 & Xbox 360 PlayStation 3 4
KMJ_84 Senior publishing source confirms new, cheaper Xbox One release for 2014 Xbox 1
KMJ_84 Microsoft offering $100 of store credit when you trade in a PS3 or Xbox 360 Xbox 26