• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Thoughts On The Madden Series

dannyboy

What are your overall thoughts on the NFL Madden series for all the Playstation systems? Did you like the games? Did you think the quality of the games got better or worse over the years?

Mikey Paine

I think they've gotten better over the years. From a casual fans perspective, it seems like there isn't enough features (besides updated lineups) to warrant a new game every year. The improvements over four Madden games are noticeable and maybe worth my 60 dollars. The improvements from one Madden usually isn't, at least for me.

I would love another NFL Street title, though I never played the one they released for this generation.

CaptainWaits

These are still probably far and away the games I've put the most hours into. I played religiously from 03-07, but then kinda just....stopped from then. Really those were the only games I put an effort into for about 4-5 years there. Loved them. But haven't been into them since

Last edited:

dannyboy

These are still probably far and away the games I've put the most ours into. I played religiously from 03-07, but then kinda just....stopped from then. Really those were the only games I put an effort into for about 4-5 years there. Loved them. But haven't been into them since

Yeah the games from 03-07 was excellent. I felt that there was a lot of development and improvement in that time period.

CaptainWaits

Yeah the games from 03-07 was excellent. I felt that there was a lot of development and improvement in that time period.
That's true. There always seemed to be improvement and expansion year after year. When the career (or pro mode....forget what it was called) came about in 05 I think, I put endless hours in to developing players.

Is the latest Madden installment any good?

Gamer_Fries

I have not really played much of the Madden series though I do still enjoy the bit I have played because it can be quite fun at times, I remember playing a Wii version with silly big heads and having a great time against a friend. Also I was playing a PS1 version long ago and I remember a player stopping and just clothes-lining my friend on the opposing team.

dannyboy

That's true. There always seemed to be improvement and expansion year after year. When the career (or pro mode....forget what it was called) came about in 05 I think, I put endless hours in to developing players.

Is the latest Madden installment any good?

Yeah Madden 25 is pretty stellar. The graphics are improved and they have some new running controls. It looks about as realistic has any live football game.

Stuck_X_Button

Coming from the 90s Maddens to now the games have been good, but plateaued as soon as EA got the NFL license. There was no need to really innovate the series at all since there is no competition. Madden is a good series, but I've always preferred 2K more.

dannyboy

Coming from the 90s Maddens to now the games have been good, but plateaued as soon as EA got the NFL license. There was no need to really innovate the series at all since there is no competition. Madden is a good series, but I've always preferred 2K more.

2k was an interesting series. I always felt that there was a better sense of realism in those games in terms of the graphics and presentation. But Madden has been the more fun series for me because of the features and the game modes.

NuclearDragon

The thing is 2K had the bulk of the same major modes as Madden bar the throw away modes. 2K always delivered on realism and presentation better than EA when it came to games. I will say I was perfectly content with Madden until 2K came along.

nealbo

Because I'm from the UK I've never actually played Madden, however I have played Fifa, which is also made by EA. I assume the experience is similar in that they are great games, but year after year there isn't really that much in the way of improvements. I mean I can understand it though, there's not a lot you can do to improve a "real life" game that is already established.

RobDaCool

Madden 25 is alright, it's a lot of fun playing online. Sadly the only PSN friend I have that had Madden traded it on :( Guess he got tired of beating me lol

Tomba

Because I'm from the UK I've never actually played Madden, however I have played Fifa, which is also made by EA. I assume the experience is similar in that they are great games, but year after year there isn't really that much in the way of improvements. I mean I can understand it though, there's not a lot you can do to improve a "real life" game that is already established.

Different sports, but the exact same experience lol. While chatting with SpaceTiger and Crash (and I think Tiger posted it here), but the only change would be the alternative sports to established sports such as Mutant League, Blitz, the Street games (FIFA Street, Street Hoops, etc), and Blood Bowl.

NuclearDragon

I would love for Mutant League sports to come in on this generation. There should be a whole franchise of titles with Mutant League Football being an annual one at least.

Ghost_of_Crash

Mutant League definitely needs to make a comeback. It should've returned back on PS2, but who knows maybe we'll see it or a similar game on PSN.

terryp1202

Madden was great for a season, but I hate the fact that they run a monopoly now. NFL 2k was destined to dethrone Madden, and they knew it. That's why they seized the NFL licensing rights. If NFL 2k was still around, Madden would be forgotten.

FosterTXT

I loved all the Madden games ever made. I believed madden made the standard for console football games. Mostly every football games made after Maddens creation share a lot of similarities.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements