• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

The next Assassin's Creed game for PS3/Xbox 360 revealed?

Haze

According to Swiss retailer World of Games, the next Assassin's Creed game for the PS3 and Xbox 360 will be called "Assassin's Creed: Rogue" if a listing on their website is to be believed. It is also listed with a October 28 release date.

2rhwfu1.jpg

Hopefully we'll hear some confirmation at Gamescom?

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
Its interesting this news.

I think I'll get unity then I'll get this later on. I hope the two don't have storyline cross overs or anything like that and I hope the modern stuff is kept to Unity as opposed to Rouge.

wowtgp

I wonder if it's going to come to current-gen platforms as well. That would really be great if they can port this game to other platforms like PC.

ajally123

I wonder if it's going to come to current-gen platforms as well. That would really be great if they can port this game to other platforms like PC.

I doubt this will come to PS4/One seeing as though Ubisoft are branching out and making quite a few assassins creed games at the moment. I suppose it is make everyone happy but I think the quality of the games may take a hit for the quantity. You probably have this for last gen and unity for current?

Livvy

I doubt this will come to PS4/One seeing as though Ubisoft are branching out and making quite a few assassins creed games at the moment. I suppose it is make everyone happy but I think the quality of the games may take a hit for the quantity. You probably have this for last gen and unity for current?

Depends on who they get to make this game, if it's a real thing and not a listing error. Ubisoft always has at least two of their studios working on AC at any given time for the mainstream games, but they also sometimes make the really bad spin offs, which are of course made by the worse studios.

gamerteabwoi

I don't think that the game would be released this October I just think that the time is too soon. I know right now that the Assassin's Creed that is being released is Unity. I think that I would pick up Unity because I am really a fan of the Assassin's Creed games although all of them have not really reached the standard of Assassin's Creed 1 and 2.

ajally123

Depends on who they get to make this game, if it's a real thing and not a listing error. Ubisoft always has at least two of their studios working on AC at any given time for the mainstream games, but they also sometimes make the really bad spin offs, which are of course made by the worse studios.

I think how they see it is a sort of incentive thing where they make different games for each generation to stop you from just getting the cheaper last gen version if it was just on AC game on both generations eg ps3 and ps4. With the different developers I think that is just to take away from the workload, I can't see that changing their stance on whether to bring the game to both generations or not.

wowtgp

I wonder if they are going to release this game for the current-gen platforms as well. I really want it to come to PS4 as I am not going to buy anything for PS3 now.

Haze

I wonder if they are going to release this game for the current-gen platforms as well. I really want it to come to PS4 as I am not going to buy anything for PS3 now.

As far as they've said, this one is just for the Xbox 360 and PS3.

daimashin

Yeah, back at E3, Ubisoft said that they will have one AC game specifically made for last gen consoles. It's being made by a different studio than the one working on Unity. Now that I've seen how Unity looks, I'm really curious to see how Rogue will play. Good thing that it's not a port, otherwise it would've been bad.

Haze

I actually wouldn't be surprised if later down the track (possibly next year), they release a "Remastered" version of this game for the PS4.

ajally123

I actually wouldn't be surprised if later down the track (possibly next year), they release a "Remastered" version of this game for the PS4.

Probably, just like how they bought Liberation to consoles which is quite annoying. Takes away from the Vita and makes it even more pointless -_-.

Livvy

I think how they see it is a sort of incentive thing where they make different games for each generation to stop you from just getting the cheaper last gen version if it was just on AC game on both generations eg ps3 and ps4. With the different developers I think that is just to take away from the workload, I can't see that changing their stance on whether to bring the game to both generations or not.
True, true. And seems we are indeed getting a new AC game, so hooray! Now I'm even further behind on the series!

Yosostupid

After they recently revealed it, it seems to just be another reskin of Black Flag, but in the arctic. It doesn't bring anything new, and it has the same repetitive, boring missions that are exactly the same. In every mission you need to go to a base, kill everyone, and leave, then repeat. I'm fine with that formula in games that do it well, like Far Cry 3, but Assassin's Creed really needs to pick up the ball and get some new ideas, and stop reskinning their games.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements