• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

The Best Game Controller Ever

DrRipley

Which would you guys vote for when it comes to being the best controller of all time? I personally am not really fond of having too many buttons above and would rather have most of them in front of me since I never really had that much trouble reaching them in the first place anyway. That said, it's why my vote for best controller of all time would have to go with the Sega Genesis 6-button/Sega Saturn Controllers. I think those were perfect and I'd love to still be able to use them now for current PS games, especially fighting games. I like that all I have to worry about pressing above are two bumpers. Which controller/s gets your vote?

LuckyPupil

I really like the Xbox 360 controller, it's honestly better than the PS3s. It's more hand friendly and heavier but not heavy. MY favorite controller is the Sega Dreamcast controller though. It was this big, beastly controller that somehow just felt right in your hands.

Jellyfish

The N64 controller is the best for me. Using it was just a new gaming experience and because of the games that were fitting to it just perfectly it was able to show all its advantages in everyday life. It was wisely designed and was the beginning of Nintendo creating innovative controller.

BlackSolaris

Professional Escapologist
Which would you guys vote for when it comes to being the best controller of all time? I personally am not really fond of having too many buttons above and would rather have most of them in front of me since I never really had that much trouble reaching them in the first place anyway. That said, it's why my vote for best controller of all time would have to go with the Sega Genesis 6-button/Sega Saturn Controllers. I think those were perfect and I'd love to still be able to use them now for current PS games, especially fighting games. I like that all I have to worry about pressing above are two bumpers. Which controller/s gets your vote?

That delicious 6-button controller will always be my favorite. Maybe that is why i like to go back and play the original games on the Genesis, that controller is definitely on my top 3 controllers. The shape, the weight, the buttons, it all goes well.

Aside from that i would say that the Xbox 360 has a nice controller, but it feels a little too heavy on the hands, at least for me, so i will go with the DualShock 3 in this case.

As last, i would say the Gamecube controller. For some reason i have a lot of memories of me looking at the controller and thinking "This is more comfortable to hold than i would have expected!". I suspect old Nintendo magic!

Mudgee

My name is Adam.
xbox 360 controller is probably my favourite thus far, dualshock 4 looks amazing though.

fantanoice

Gamecube controller master race!

I feel my primary reason for this is because the buttons are differently shaped and multi coloured so it is very easy to know which button to press when the game instructs you to. This is different to most other controllers because all the others follow the SNES trait of having same-sized buttons in a diamond shape, which given my biases, makes it really hard to distinguish which button to press. I think the worst case was moving to the DS3 controller after having played Nintendo for so long and the buttons were all black, the symbols were tiny and hard to distinguish and they didn't follow the lettering symbols of every other console ever and had shapes instead.

Really the only 'fault' with it is the Z button, though really it's just a second trigger button which is pretty standard nowadays.

Last edited:

Gamer_Fries

I certainly enjoy the dualshock as one of my favorites as is the Gamecube controller because I played the damn thing so often but none of them compare to the best controller ever made. The Atari Jaguar controller is hands down the best one ever made and I don't understand why more consoles have not used the same formula to create their controllers, I feel each console should just use one type of controller similar to that of the Jaguar then the world might be a better place overall.

nelson

Banned
I think N64 controller is best game controller. I used this almost for 3 years but now I don’t use this because I play games on my laptop; just during travel.

Last edited:

onison

I think N64 controller is best game controller. I used this almost for 3 years but now I don’t use this because I play games on my laptop; just during travel.
...edit mod....

You find a way to mention travel in every post. We get it. You travel alot

Last edited by a moderator:

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements