• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

The best boss fights on the PS2

lindbergh

The PS2 has produced a lot of excellent games with enthralling boss battles. But I think none of the other games in the PS2's library come close to the 16 colossi battles that Shadow of the Colossus offers. And what's the best boss fight in the game? I think that it's the fight against the Trail Drifter Phalanx. Check out this vid:

What's your bet on the best boss battle for the PS2?

DrRipley

I've always been fond of Tekken's boss designs and mechanics, so I'll have to go with Tekken 5. I like their designs because they always make the final bosses look so menacing, and this one I find especially good because I like that they're using the Mishima grandfather (I think) and are having him turn all evil as always. The Tekken 6 one, I'm not too fond of, but it does its job. I think the PS2 versions were exceptionally fun though.

lindbergh

I have trouble defeating the final boss (Jinpachi) in Tekken 5 when I'm playing on a "very hard" difficulty setting. I think that his powers give him an unfair advantage over his opponents. Jinpanchi's attacks are very powerful and could halve the lifebar in just a few seconds. Jinpachi was menacing at first, but after battling him numerous times just to unlock the characters, I got used to him.

SS42A

The fight with Night Terror in Soul Calibur III is one of my favorite final boss fights. Whenever you try to knock Night Terror out of the ring, he will always fly back in, unless he is about to be KO'ed. He's just like True Ogre, but with a sword. To get to Night Terror though, you must go through the Labyrinth and defeat Olcadan, otherwise you just end up with Abyss.

Clark Wayne

I would have to say the best boss fight on the PS2 would be Chernabog from Kingdom Hearts. I just have to say that the battle was so completely unexpected. I mean I'm sure anyone who has played Kingdom Hearts was like me in the fact that they never expected to battle against the giant winged demon from the classic Disney movie Fantasia. It also helped that the battle was towards the end of the games, so it seemed like there weren't anymore surprises left to be had. Safe to say I was very wrong.

lindbergh

Just wanted to revive this thread because I believe that there are a lot of boss battles on the PS 2 that were superb. I know that you have played a lot of games that have a lot of enthralling boss battles. Shadow of the Colossus alone is full of them. So is the God of War series. I know you have a favorite there somehow.

SpiralArchitect

The PS2 has produced a lot of excellent games with enthralling boss battles. But I think none of the other games in the PS2's library come close to the 16 colossi battles that Shadow of the Colossus offers. And what's the best boss fight in the game? I think that it's the fight against the Trail Drifter Phalanx. Check out this vid:
What's your bet on the best boss battle for the PS2?

You stole my choice there because Shadow of the Colossus has my favorite boss fight as well. Unlike you though I prefer the battle with colossus #15, the giant Argus. I like how one of his weaknesses is on the palm of his hand making the overall fight very challenging. The character design of course, as with all colossi, is a thing of beauty.

The game itself is brilliant with the idea that it essentially is made up of 16 boss battles and the journey between them. Great story line as well.

lindbergh

You stole my choice there because Shadow of the Colossus has my favorite boss fight as well. Unlike you though I prefer the battle with colossus #15, the giant Argus. I like how one of his weaknesses is on the palm of his hand making the overall fight very challenging. The character design of course, as with all colossi, is a thing of beauty.

The game itself is brilliant with the idea that it essentially is made up of 16 boss battles and the journey between them. Great story line as well.
Yeah, Shadow of the Colossus is simply a brilliant game. Who would have thought that a game that simply has boss battles without lesser opponents to deal with would make for a wonderful experience? I think the only Colossus that I disliked was the last one. It was just like battling a building that was moving.

SpiralArchitect

Yeah, Shadow of the Colossus is simply a brilliant game. Who would have thought that a game that simply has boss battles without lesser opponents to deal with would make for a wonderful experience? I think the only Colossus that I disliked was the last one. It was just like battling a building that was moving.

It's a good thing that followed after the final fight was interesting enough to cover for it. I personally don't dislike the final one but considering the 15 that came before, it was definitely a bit of an anticlimax.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements