• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Sony says you'll need to order online to get PS5

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Sony took to their blog to announce that you'll need to order online in order to get PlayStation 5. They're trying to be "safe" from the current pandemic spread of the virus to others.
Hi all – the launch of the PlayStation 5 console on November 12 (or November 19, depending on your region) is almost upon us! In the interest of keeping our gamers, retailers, and staff safe amidst COVID-19, today we are confirming that all day-of launch sales will be conducted through the online stores of our retail partners.

No units will be available in-store for purchase on launch day (November 12 or November 19, depending on your region) – please don’t plan on camping out or lining up at your local retailer on launch day in hopes of finding a PS5 console for purchase. Be safe, stay home, and place your order online.

Gamers who have pre-ordered for pick-up at their local retailer should still be able to do so at their designated appointment time, under the retailer’s safety protocols. Please confirm the details with your local retailer.

A special thank you to our entire community for your continued support this year. Here’s to the next generation of gaming!
I think this is both a good thing, and a bad thing. The good thing is keeping everyone safe, and at distance from each other, but the bad thing about this, is pre-ordering online already has shown that there are scalpers ready to pounce and steal units from us to inflate the price of PS5. This is good news for scalpers, not customers.

snikr

Did Sony say where to order online. I've looked at Ebay and I'm NOT paying $1000 for a PS5! I've checked on Game Stop and the web page says the PS5 in NOT Available!

Last edited:

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
The online preorders have been a mess. Not even just for consoles but even for Nvidia. It's a shame to not see the lines and the enthusiasm among Sony and MS fans. But this time around it's for the best. Not worth getting COVID for a piece of electronics hardware.

Did Sony say where to order online. I've looked at Ebay and I'm NOT paying $1000 for a PS5! I've checked on Game Stop and the web page says the PS5 in NOT Available!

That ain't surprising lol. eBay during launches are serious gouges. As a deal hunter, I can't fathom spending that much on something that is worth 500 bucks. But prices tend to be higher on eBay for anything game related. I buy and sell older game consoles as a hobby to occupy my time while unemployed. And seeing what consoles go for (and what I've sold) compared to listings on other mediums, you can get a few bucks more per item. But the benefit is you do have buyer protection, something you don't have on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
DrRipley Sony Says They Need Nintendo To Stay Successful PlayStation Legacy 7
don_bidarian "High-Power" PS4 Model Something Sony Might Consider, Exec Says Hypothetically PlayStation 4 5
Oberon PlayStation May Get an Early Access-Style Program in the Future, Sony Says PlayStation 4 7
KMJ_84 Sony is “going back to the drawing board with Driveclub,” says exec PlayStation 4 2
KMJ_84 PS3 has “a lot of life left, we really have to keep it alive,” says Sony PlayStation 3 49
Haze "PS4 is 'First and Foremost' a Games Console" says Sony CEO PlayStation 4 7
Carlos Sony announces Backward Compatibility Questions and Answers PlayStation 5 5
Carlos Sony announces PlayStation 5 Release Date, and Price PlayStation 5 0
E Sony BRAVIA X900F 4k Native Refresh Rate 120Hz and no VRR. PS5 PlayStation 5 3
Preach2k Digital Foundry Confirm Massive PS5 Specs That Crushed Microsoft! Sony Did The Impossible! PlayStation 5 1
Carlos Sony reveals PlayStation 5 Box Art styling PlayStation 5 6
Preach2k CONCEPT Sony Playstation 5 introduction!! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PLAYSTATION 5 ( PS5 ) SONY is NOT Taking Any RISKS This Year ! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 Details REVEALED | Sony PlayStation 5 High End GPU Cooling & Next Gen Console Pricing Details! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 console reveal LEAKED by Sony Developer! (PlayStation 5 News) PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k Watch Sony's new PS5 announcement from CES 2020! PlayStation 5 0
Carlos Sony's CES 2020 Livestream PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k Sony CES 2020 Press Conference PlayStation 5 1
Preach2k WARNING for PS5 - Sony has Denied Release Date & Price! (PS5 News)! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 | HUGE PlayStation 5 Rumor | NEW Ps5 ONLY Games | Should Sony Have Cross-Gen | Ps5 News! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 News - Sony will release 2 PlayStation 5 consoles! PlayStation 5 4
Carlos Sony confirms the next console is PlayStation 5 PlayStation 5 1
R Sony please bring fight night to ps4!!!!! PlayStation 4 0
S Sony to Remove cross-play from Rocket League!!!!!! PlayStation 4 0
daimaku problem with (non sony) ps4 controller disconnection PlayStation 4 2
Oberon Playstation 4 Neo confirmed by Sony PlayStation 4 4
A Sony PlayStation Return - Warranty Payment PlayStation 4 8
A Sony Playstation 4 In Boot Loop (Video Included) PlayStation 4 3
Haze Sony to give PS Plus members 5 additional days for Network Downtime! PlayStation 4 5
jCage Sony Bringing PlayStation Now to Samsung Smart TVs in 2015!! (question) PlayStation 4 8
Sekelani Sony is going under maintenance on Christmas Day :-( PlayStation 4 24
Alex_68 Sony Entertainment Network is down? Off Topic Lounge 5
L Help with Sony Gold Headset PlayStation 4 4
S Sony Xperia z3 remote play PlayStation 4 13
R Sony Confirms 4K Movie Service for PS4 PlayStation 4 2
DemeaningPie Dear Sony, I want... PlayStation 4 6
Oberon New Sony PS4 and PS3 Headset Has 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound,$70 PlayStation 4 9
Sekelani Sony is undergoing maintenance PlayStation 4 21
C Creating Small Casual FB Group (Sons of Sony) PS Clans & Communities 0
R Does anyone know when Sony will release their 4K movie library on the PS4 PlayStation 4 0
daimashin Sony will be unveiling new games at TGS 2014. PlayStation 4 18
K I hate the ps4 and sony PlayStation 4 2
daimashin What game is Sony teasing for Gamescom? PlayStation 4 5
Oberon Sony's streaming game service,PlayStationNow launches into open beta July 31 PlayStation 4 18
ajally123 Sony neglected EA Access subscription service - Thoughts? PlayStation 4 34
jbeavis100 Cross-Play should be standard come on sony PlayStation 4 3
B Hey Sony Peeps Introduce Yourself 2
ajally123 Sony announces gamescom 2014 press conference time and date PlayStation 4 25
iamthenight90 sony movies Off Topic Lounge 3
sparkblade14 What grade would you give Sony's E3 conference? PlayStation 4 14