• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Sony Playstation 4 In Boot Loop (Video Included)

asahin09

I have already posted this on Official Playstation forums but not many experienced advanced individuals exist there, so Ill post it here again same information and also 2 short videos to show the problem, thanks :)

Hey guys, I am having problems with my Playstation 4 console, its stuck on an infinite boot loop of some sort, now before I get into more detail I have already tried safe mode, initialised it, reset to factory tried to install complete firmware from website and copied onto USB, it still does the boot loop..

Please any comments appreciated and any help as well, console has not been tampered with, contacted Sony but they wanted £175 to fix it... After leaving it to loop over 15× + or so it goes into the blue screen where it says to connect controller but the screen looks like it's shaking?? When PS button clicked on controller, it then goes back into the loop!

If I leave it on the blue screen where it says to connect PS Controller eventually at the end, the screen stops shaking of some sorts right before and goes back looping again.

I have experience with soldering, fixing motherboards and repairs in the past, so I can open it up and fix the problem if only I knew what the problem was!?

It most definitely seems like it may be a software problem, but yet when the the blue screen pops up after god knows how many boot loops the screen is shaking of some sorts?

Also I would like to state, in the process of this infinite boot loop, the console never shuts down, restarts. The state is always on the White LED light while the infinite boot occurs, so it doesn't reboot or power off.

part1:

part2:

Please help thanks!

P.S. wont let me post links to the video on youtube showing the problem, but just remove spaces it should work!

Last edited by a moderator:

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Have embedded your vids for you

Damn,thats bad.
Hopefully someone here has an idea of what to do though you may end up indeed sending it Sony to fix :noidea

Would like to ask though,did you do anything to cause this or did it just happen by itself all of a sudden?

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
Those videos were painful to watch. Is it booting itself up in safe mode? Either way, I'm going to say this probably is something software related. But then again, boot loops in computers and devices can be either software or hardware (had a boot loop on my computer due to a faulty keyboard :/ ) and difficult to diagnose.

I did some Googling for you. Seems people have issues with the boot loop. You know better than me the symptoms of your particular problem. You also said you have tech experience so I'm sure you can wade through all this info and find what you're looking for :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2elksf/safe_mode_death_loop/

http://www.technobezz.com/how-to-fix-ps4-safe-mode-loop/
Technobezz says if none of the 7 options in safe mode work, you could try installing a brand new hard drive if the hard drive is the issue.

Hope this helps and good luck :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Carlos Sony announces PlayStation 5 Release Date, and Price PlayStation 5 0
Carlos Sony reveals PlayStation 5 Box Art styling PlayStation 5 6
Preach2k CONCEPT Sony Playstation 5 introduction!! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PLAYSTATION 5 ( PS5 ) SONY is NOT Taking Any RISKS This Year ! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 Details REVEALED | Sony PlayStation 5 High End GPU Cooling & Next Gen Console Pricing Details! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 console reveal LEAKED by Sony Developer! (PlayStation 5 News) PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 | HUGE PlayStation 5 Rumor | NEW Ps5 ONLY Games | Should Sony Have Cross-Gen | Ps5 News! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 News - Sony will release 2 PlayStation 5 consoles! PlayStation 5 4
Carlos Sony confirms the next console is PlayStation 5 PlayStation 5 1
Oberon Playstation 4 Neo confirmed by Sony PlayStation 4 4
A Sony PlayStation Return - Warranty Payment PlayStation 4 8
jCage Sony Bringing PlayStation Now to Samsung Smart TVs in 2015!! (question) PlayStation 4 8
Oberon PlayStation May Get an Early Access-Style Program in the Future, Sony Says PlayStation 4 7
KMJ_84 Sony to reveal PlayStation VR headset at GDC next month – report PlayStation 4 7
Derri Didn't Sony say they'd stop 'Network Passes' in the light of Playstation Plus..... PlayStation 4 5
CpmPanda Sony is Officially Bundling the Playstation 4 and Playstaton Vita Together! PlayStation 4 29
CpmPanda Sony is Exchanging Defective Playstation 4's Immediately PlayStation 4 7
CpmPanda Sony Offers Troubleshooting Tips for PBLE Errors on Playstation 4 PlayStation 4 0
Frantic Sony reveals 11 PlayStation 4 Apps Available At Launch PlayStation 4 26
DrRipley Playstation Nostalgia Video Made By Sony PlayStation Legacy 2
NatureSun Sony Working on PlayStation 4 VR Headset PlayStation 4 16
NatureSun Sony: Tell Us What You Want on PlayStation PlayStation 4 28
BlackSolaris GamesCom 2013 Sony PlayStation 4 Press Conference PlayStation 4 7
T Sony Launches Only On PlayStation Network Campaign PlayStation 3 6
Carlos Sony hosts State of Play Livestream on July 8, 2021 PlayStation 5 0
Carlos Sony hosts State of Play Livestream on May 27, 2021 PlayStation 5 0
Carlos Sony announces new PS5 controllers PlayStation 5 Accessories & Peripherals 3
Carlos Sony hosts State of Play Livestream on April 29, 2021 PlayStation 5 0
Carlos Sony hosts State of Play Livestream on February 25, 2021 PlayStation 5 0
H Sony cancels VRR on X900H. PlayStation 5 7
Carlos Sony says you'll need to order online to get PS5 PlayStation 5 3
Carlos Sony announces Backward Compatibility Questions and Answers PlayStation 5 5
E Sony BRAVIA X900F 4k Native Refresh Rate 120Hz and no VRR. PS5 PlayStation 5 3
Preach2k Digital Foundry Confirm Massive PS5 Specs That Crushed Microsoft! Sony Did The Impossible! PlayStation 5 1
Preach2k Watch Sony's new PS5 announcement from CES 2020! PlayStation 5 0
Carlos Sony's CES 2020 Livestream PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k Sony CES 2020 Press Conference PlayStation 5 1
Preach2k WARNING for PS5 - Sony has Denied Release Date & Price! (PS5 News)! PlayStation 5 0
R Sony please bring fight night to ps4!!!!! PlayStation 4 0
S Sony to Remove cross-play from Rocket League!!!!!! PlayStation 4 0
daimaku problem with (non sony) ps4 controller disconnection PlayStation 4 2
don_bidarian "High-Power" PS4 Model Something Sony Might Consider, Exec Says Hypothetically PlayStation 4 5
Haze Sony to give PS Plus members 5 additional days for Network Downtime! PlayStation 4 5
Sekelani Sony is going under maintenance on Christmas Day :-( PlayStation 4 24
Alex_68 Sony Entertainment Network is down? Off Topic Lounge 5
L Help with Sony Gold Headset PlayStation 4 4
S Sony Xperia z3 remote play PlayStation 4 13
R Sony Confirms 4K Movie Service for PS4 PlayStation 4 2
DemeaningPie Dear Sony, I want... PlayStation 4 6
Oberon New Sony PS4 and PS3 Headset Has 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound,$70 PlayStation 4 9