• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Sony cancels VRR on X900H.

Actually, the point I was trying to get at was, if Sony cancelled VRR on this TV, why wouldn't they just do the same thing with the PS5? Promises don't seem to mean anything to them, and atm VRR on the PS5 just that, a promise.

But it's all in this video.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Actually, the point I was trying to get at was, if Sony cancelled VRR on this TV, why wouldn't they just do the same thing with the PS5? Promises don't seem to mean anything to them, and atm VRR on the PS5 just that, a promise.

But it's all in this video.
I understand that, but PlayStation 5 is Sony's flagship product. A HDTV can be replaced with a new model, like what the video said. That's why they canceled X900H. You can't really cancel "PlayStation 5," you can only ship new models of that console. It happened during PS2, PS3, and PS4. Just let Sony iron out these issues to a respectable level that these issues don't arise anymore. And wait for new patches, updates, and upgrades, etc. It will be solved in due time.

I'm waiting it out right now.

Nobody said anything about the product being cancelled. This monitor is not cancelled AFAIK. VRR, "variable refresh rate" is not coming to this TV via an update like they promised. That's the issue.

And the point the video I posted makes is, that people need to know this. They need to understand that Sony's promises about update features may not be trustworthy.

Last edited:

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Nobody said anything about the product being cancelled. This monitor is not cancelled AFAIK. VRR, "variable refresh rate" is not coming to this TV via an update like they promised. That's the issue.

And the point the video I posted makes is, that people need to know this. They need to understand that Sony's promises about update features may not be trustworthy.
I understand that. I'm trying to be calm, but you're not helping. I get that you don't trust Sony right now, and people need to know that, but the TV is canceled. Sony removed all references to the TV from any and all advertisements, indicating that they discontinued it secretly. It will be a clearance item by the time the new models are out.

You need to read between the lines. Not just official wording.

They did the same thing with PS4 Pro, and Xbox One X recently. Just because they didn't announce it officially, does not mean they haven't done maneuvering.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements