• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Sleeping Dogs HD coming to the PS4?

Haze

Well, it certainly looks like it according to a listing by ShopTo.

ShopTo has listed Sleeping Dogs HD for £54.99, with a November 21 release. As such, the actual listing as of this time has been pulled down.

Sleeping Dogs HD would come bundled with it's DLC.

Although this isn't "official", I wouldn't be surprised if this is legit as it does seem to be continuing the trend of last-gen ports (which frankly, as some might already know I'm a little fed up with)

What do you guys think? Would you play it again on the PS4?

Cpt Blackadder

what do i think ???

When the PS3 came out it was YEARS before we got any HD remakes of games because everyone was making you know, new games for the new console.

I'm fed up of HD remakes... give us something new or what's the point!!!

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
I had it on PS3 and got tired of the game rather quickly. Therefore I probably wouldn't want to play it on PS4.

Ridge

They announced on Twitter a few months ago that they were working on a sequel, I'd much rather see that..

That being said I did love Sleeping Dogs. If nothing else comes out around it I could see myself playing it again.

gamerteabwoi

I was thinking about getting this game but I have been reading some reviews about the game and I have heard too many people saying that the game is a bit too repetitive and that is seems to get boring really fast. I still think that I will check out the game though because somehow to me it still looks like something that I would really enjoy playing.

don_bidarian

Seriously?

I mean it makes sense for Last of US and GTA V to be remastered, they are two of the greatest games ever created.
But they seriously need to stop this remaster shit business, I dont care about some random mid-range game to be HD or SD or whatever, I didnt want to play it back then, even if I did, I sure as hell wouldn't pay one more time just to play it on HD.

Cpt Blackadder

Heh, why develop new games when you can port old ones, right?

I think Square Enix saw how well received the HD remake of Tomb Raider was so thought they'd do it for Sleeping Dogs. Next will be Hitman Absolution then all of the final fantasasies, and maybe.. just maybe in about 10 years time, when they have exhausted their entire back catologue of games, we might, maybe, possibly, get something new... *

* this post was made with huge dollops of sarcasm.

Last edited:

The Unlosing Ranger

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger
I think Square Enix saw how well received the HD remake of Tomb Raider was so thought they'd do it for Sleeping Dogs. Next will be Hitman Absolution then all of the final fantasasies, and maybe.. just maybe in about 10 years time, when they have exhausted their entire back catologue of games, we might, maybe, possibly, get something new... *

* this post was made with huge dollops of sarcasm.

It's funny because there's also the upcoming Type-0 remake, though I give that a pass since the original was a PSP game that never got localized...

Ridge

In their defense, when this game came our the PC version had amazing graphics that made the console game look like garbage. This would just be bringing the same experience to consoles.

If you don't like it than don't buy it and continue your life.

Cpt Blackadder

In their defense, when this game came our the PC version had amazing graphics that made the console game look like garbage. This would just be bringing the same experience to consoles.

LOL it's a valid point Ridge, but i didn't spend a fortune on a next gen console only to play the same games i've already got. I'd rather these developers poured their time and resources into new things, not tart up the old. :(

daimashin

Getting sick of these HD remasters or however they want to make it sound to be honest. It's a new generation so I expect NEW games not the same old games with a facelift. If I want to play old games, I might as well stick with last gen. What's the point of owning a new hardware when all I'm going to play are games from the last gen. Sleeping Dogs wasn't even that good in my book so I don't get the need for an HD version. Again, it is a multiplatform game so really unnecessary.

ash2014uk

I would rather see a sequel to the game instead of remaking a game which is a pointless remake to be honest. The only one remake i want to see is Call of Duty 4 remake with better servers as that game was crazy good!
However, im not exactly happy to see a sleeping dogs remake when the game isnt exactly that old.

FosterTXT

I won't be buying this rendition of the game that is for sure. Not only is the game boring but I have played the game on PC maxed out and the game still didn't even look that good, I couldn't imagine the PlayStation 4 version looking any better. You can do whatever you want, but I would say don't waste your money on this one guys.

jbeavis100

Agreed, Sleeping Dogs looked INCREDIBLE on PC. I don't really mind it..