• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Ships in Destiny

Kosh

Maybe it's out there somewhere, but I can't seem to find an answer on this..

Is there any plan for the ships you can buy/acquire to do anything more than.. well... nothing? All they are, at this very moment, are visual placeholders. And I don't mind that, some look pretty cool.

I ask this because the vendor sells different quality ships (common and uncommon). And yesterday, I acquired a rare ship drop called 'Eon Trespass'. I did find that there are other Rare and Legendary ships out there. But started wondering if there are plans for anything more to happen with the ships?

Not saying that Destiny should turn into a flight simulator.. But I go back to the days of X-Wing or TIE Fighter on PC.. With the graphics this game has, an open space area would be kind of interesting with missions, enemies, etc...

Ridge

I think they are just cosmetic, even if some are more rare than others. I'm fine with that though. I have a sweet looking red one that matches my hunter's color scheme nicely.

sparkblade14

Meh they're just there for show. Bungie did tell people before that you would not be able to control them and that they would only be there for cutscenes or what have you. I honestly wish the rare and above ships were more varied though. A lot of them are poop-colored and they look REALLY ugly. I much prefer my common blue ship thing.

Ridge

They are a cosmetic distraction from the unbearable--and constant--load times.

As one of the few Destiny defenders here I agree 100% with this. Loading takes way too long. My Twitter and Facebook don't have enough going on for me to amuse myself in between missions..

Kosh

As one of the few Destiny defenders here I agree 100% with this. Loading takes way too long. My Twitter and Facebook don't have enough going on for me to amuse myself in between missions..

Maybe I'm just a little crazy then.. I never found the load times that bad. I do, however, dislike that I can't skip cutscenes that I have already scene :(

Ridge

Maybe I'm just a little crazy then.. I never found the load times that bad. I do, however, dislike that I can't skip cutscenes that I have already scene :(
Yes, I've seen every cut scene too many times as well...

troutski

Like everyone else said, the ships are just placeholders that look nice more than anything else. The load times on Destiny aren't horrendous, but they're far from good. A couple missions took ages to load, and I almost considered preparing a quick snack while waiting. I'm mostly kidding....sort of. Load times could definitely be a lot better at least. I like the ship designs I've seen so far, although some of the color patterns are pretty bland.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements