• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

SharePlay Limited to 60 Minutes

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Still an amazing feature though.
Being able to share/play together in the same with someone else and they dont need to actually have the game.Depending on the game they either take control or play local multiplayer.
Hmm,a clever way to 'demo' the game to your PSN friends maybe and get them to buy games? You decide.

As for how often,it does seem a little vague.

Gamespot said:
There's no limit on the number of times you can use Share Play, meaning you can conceivably start Share Play up again and continue playing.

Also this:

Gamespot said:
Additionally, save games are tied to the player's account, allowing you to try a friend's game, buy it, and then pick up from where you left off.

Source

daimashin

I should've known. Surely, we can't expect Sony to actually allow people to play their games for free just because their friends have the game. If there wasn't any limit, no ones gonna want to buy their games anymore. Everyone will just wait for other people to buy games and then leech on them instead lol.

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
I don't understand this then. Why have a 60 min time limit but then give unlimited share play ability. It just seems more an inconvenience. Like I'd understand if they're limiting the number of times you can do it but they aren't so it doesn't make sense.

ajally123

Still an amazing feature though.
Being able to share/play together in the same with someone else and they dont need to actually have the game.Depending on the game they either take control or play local multiplayer.
Hmm,a clever way to 'demo' the game to your PSN friends maybe and get them to buy games? You decide.

As for how often,it does seem a little vague.

Also this:

Source

Ah right this clears things up a bit. I did think there wouldn't be any limit to how many times you can use it otherwise the feature would be a bit disappointing. Nice to know about game saves then, so you could either start a new game to experience it or help a friend out if they are stuck, opens different ways to use the feature. I think the 60 minute cap is fair considering it stops someone from soloing the game in one go, you at least now have to do it over a period of time. Have they said when you can share again with the same person?

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Have they said when you can share again with the same person?
Thats the 'vague' part.

Agree,its a good way to show your PSN friends certain games etc but as I said. A clever way to 'demo' games to others and therefore entice them to actually buy the game thus making Sony and its publishers more money. :grin

ajally123

Thats the 'vague' part.

Agree,its a good way to show your PSN friends certain games etc but as I said. A clever way to 'demo' games to others and therefore entice them to actually buy the game thus making Sony and its publishers more money. :grin

There's got to be a big period to limiting someone from playing again otherwise it would just be allowing someone to play the full game in a small period of time. I suppose it's akin to borrowing a game from a friend or something but I doubt publishers will be too overly happy about it if it is like that.

daimashin

Thats the 'vague' part.

Yup, very wise way of advertising their games. It's just another way of releasing demos only that they don't need to waste time making demos. Sixty minutes is actually quite long and if it's not a one-off thing then I can see people exploiting this feature. All the friend got to do is have multiple 1 hour sittings if there's no limit to the 60-minute session.

wowtgp

I think 60 minutes should be more than enough to get someone the test of a game. It's a fair deal if you ask me. I mean, surely they are not going to let you play the full game for free.

RPCOM

Looks like this feature is only meant for guiding the other player, like Sony has stressed. This is not meant to have your friend to play the game. Your friend can only demo the game for a short time. If you want to share the complete game, you can always share your discs, so I believe this is justified.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements