• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Shadow of Mordor too similar to Assassin's Creed?

daimashin

There is a report claimed by an Assassin's Creed II coder that Shadows of Mordor copied their programming and codes. So I went and check the gameplay to judge for myself. Yeah, there are similarities but to say that it is ripped off Assassin's Creed seems a bit off. Sure, there are assassination mechanics and some kind of vision but these can be easily found in other games. I'd say this game is more similar to the Arkham games than Assassin's Creed. Here's a video of the pre-alpha build and tell me what you think:

RobDaCool

Looks good to be honest. I mean sure it has elements of Assassins Creed in it, but hey is any game original nowadays?

daimashin

Looks good to be honest. I mean sure it has elements of Assassins Creed in it, but hey is any game original nowadays?

Exactly, from what was shown I'd say the mechanics are even better than Assassin's Creed. For one, the player can crouch and that is already a major advantage over AC. If they can deliver the stuff they talk about, I can already see this as my third most anticipated game this year.

SpaceTiger

I can see the AC similarities, but they took those mechanics and really ran out of the field with them with the extra stuff like remembering last encounters and so on. I would say they should be flattered anyone bothered to use their code/structure/general gameplay as a base. Think about how many GTA clones there were years back.

That aside, I'm digging this. It's something I would be likely to buy once it hits shelves.

Tomba

It's very similar to Assassin's Creed, but I'm really liking this. I love LOTR and would've never thought of AC-type game in that universe. This is pretty much up my alley.

NuclearDragon

This is the first I've heard of this and it looks like it plays great. Sure it's very AC-ish, but the setting and the AI element puts it over the top for me.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Alex_68 Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - Trophy Guide PlayStation 4 5
iamthenight90 shadow of mordor reverse delayed! PlayStation 4 3
daimashin Exclusive content for Shadow of Mordor? PlayStation 4 5
daimashin Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor Is Single Player Only. PlayStation 4 21
R Shadow Company is looking for new Members PS Clans & Communities 0
G Shadow Corps Gaming Community PS Clans & Communities 0
FDT1984 Shadow Company Wants You!!!! PS Clans & Communities 0
B Brotherhood of shadow PlayStation 4 1
W The Shadow Brotherhood recruiting for Destiny (PS4) PS Clans & Communities 0
daimashin Is Shadow Warrior coming to the PS4? PlayStation 4 2
W The Shadow Brotherhood PS Clans & Communities 0
A How is Killzone Shadow Falls??? PlayStation 4 10
KMJ_84 Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer free to all for a week PlayStation 4 1
The Unlosing Ranger Shadow Fall vs Mercenary PlayStation 4 0
KMJ_84 Killzone Shadow Fall clan system coming in February update PlayStation 4 0
CpmPanda New Killzone: Shadow Fall Patch is now Live! PlayStation 4 4
D Problems playing Killzone: Shadow Fall on PS4 PlayStation 4 6
Haze First reviews for Killzone: Shadow Fall, Knack, Contrast and Resogun are online! PlayStation 4 3
lindbergh Ico vs Shadow of the Colossus PlayStation Legacy 0
lindbergh Shadow the Hedgehog - liked it or hated it? PlayStation Legacy 5
C Killzone Shadow Fall is 50GB PlayStation 4 8
S Shadow of the Colossus PlayStation Legacy 6
The Nightmonkey Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer gameplay PlayStation YouTube Videos 7
Haze PlayStation 4/Killzone: Shadow Fall Bundle incoming! PlayStation 4 9
W Killzone: Shadow Fall PS4 bundle spotted on Amazon, costs €499.99 PlayStation 4 0
unwittyoneliner Has anyone here played the original Shadow of The Beast? Other Gaming Talk 2
4justice Do you expect Killzone: Shadow Fall's multiplayer to be more like Killzone 2 or 3? PlayStation 4 5
Clark Wayne Day One Xbox Live Gold membership comes with Killer Instinct: Round One+Shadow Jago Xbox 1
Haze Killzone: Shadow Fall PlayStation 4 12
SS42A Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat PC Games 0
G Looking for nice people too play with on a newly established hard survival map PlayStation 4 1
Paradox Games take up too much memory. PlayStation 4 17
E Problem with Playstation on welcome screen too big please help. PlayStation 4 3
Z Campaigns for Games that are too long. PlayStation 4 31
Oberon Free PS3 Dynamic Themes here (reg themes too) PlayStation 3 4
Wolfhyrr Is it too soon? Or should i get one now? PlayStation 4 16
Takedon When is this going to become too old? PlayStation 4 24
S Hey, I'm new too.. Haha Introduce Yourself 5
SeanM Are Games Too Long? PlayStation 3 76
SeanM Is this game very light and easy to you too? PlayStation Vita 0
onison Players moving too slow PlayStation 4 5
DrRipley Is PS4 Keeping Track Of Everyone's Gameplay Too? PlayStation 4 15
X Too quiet Multiplayer Lobby PlayStation 4 3
A Too many High level character early on? PlayStation 4 9
dieselfit Was the PS4 released too soon? Too many problems? PlayStation 4 8
James Was Beyond Two Souls too linear? PlayStation 3 8
Oberon What size TV (make model whatever too) do you game on? Off Topic Lounge 70
unwittyoneliner Do you feel that horror games are too formulaic? Other Gaming Talk 11
D Do You Feel The PS4 Will Be Too Expensive? PlayStation 4 15
M Too old for Ps PlayStation 3 12