• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Selling Primary PS4 accounts on Ebay

NoobCrumpet

So as some of you may know, game sharing allows you to share digital downloads from one ps4 to another. I have purchased 5+ accounts on ebay for £10 ish and they work just fine: tlou, avanced warfare, fifa, sleeping dogs... I am interested in knowing how these ebay sellers make a profit, since from what i heard, you can only game share with one other console! So theyre buying the game for £40 and selling them for £10???? Am i wrong in thinking you can only game share with one console then?
Ultimately, my question is: if i was to create a new account and buy a game, how many ps4s would be able to download that game?

Last edited:

Haze

Pretty sure selling primary PS4 accounts on Ebay is illegal or against Sony's TOS mate.

NoobCrumpet

Hundreds, and I mean hundreds do it and get away with it. From how I see it, there's nothing wrong with sharing an account with someone because Sony included this feature with the ps4 for a reason!

Lethal

Banned
Only a retard would buy an account on Ebay. I can sell you my account and simply log in and change the password and deactivate all consoles linked to the account.

Game sharing on the PS4 is nothing like the PS3. I think you have be signed in to play games that are not on the primary PS4.

Sekelani

Sounds doudgy. Wouldn't do it or even buy an account. Why not buy the game instead? I like owning my stuff. Each to there own I guess

NoobCrumpet

Only a retard would buy an account on Ebay. I can sell you my account and simply log in and change the password and deactivate all consoles linked to the account.

Game sharing on the PS4 is nothing like the PS3. I think you have be signed in to play games that are not on the primary PS4.

Nope, you don't have to be signed in. The ebay sellers always have 100% positive feedback from 200+ sellers

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Ive seen them on ebay too.
But as Haze has just pointed it does appear against Sony's agreement.Selling PSN accounts is not permitted.
But does that mean its an illegal activity? Doesnt exactly say that does it? Only its not permitted by Sony.
Perhaps the account would just get banned by Sony.

Hmm,has anyone reported them on ebay and the listing been taken down?

Dmadman72

I Shall Finish The Game
Just out of curiosity how do you have to pay for said accounts? What kind of info are you giving them? I know you want it to be true but I suspect you will get more then you bargained for.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
Ive seen them on ebay too.
But as Haze has just pointed it does appear against Sony's agreement.Selling PSN accounts is not permitted.
But does that mean its an illegal activity? Doesnt exactly say that does it? Only its not permitted by Sony.
Perhaps the account would just get banned by Sony.

I'd imagine they would just get banned by Sony. Illegal, probably not but it is in violation of Sony's terms of service. You violate it, you get banned and I don't feel bad for those people one bit. And it really annoys me too that people do this. Goes to the old saying "this is why we can't have nice things". It's a cool feature that's supposed to promote gaming and socializing with your friends and bring people together through gaming. People take advantage of it for profit, and soon we won't have this feature. All because some d*** weasel wants to make 10 bucks.

Alex_68

The ways I know to save money on a game are:

1) Hire it
2) Buy it used
3) Borrow it
4) Swap it

Other methods are just a poor thing.

Phoenix7

there are many primary and secondary accounts on eBay too, but are they legit? some people in other forums saying that maybe some of those accounts created with stolen credit cards, or stolen psn accounts, and dont forget that the seller if he wants he can take back the account, even if you change the password

Last edited:

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements