• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Sega Classic Game Console (bought one)

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
So I went into my local Target store and decided to buy the Sega Mega Drive (thats Genesis for you other people) Classic Console.
80 built in games with cartridge port as well.
Two wireless controllers (AAA batteries) also has plug ports for use with genuine wired controller.
Its actually made by a company called AtGames. I have the handheld version as well bought years ago.
Plugs in with AV cables (does your TV still have those? lol).
Havent tested it yet.

Also noticed the Atari 2600 one with 101 games. Prob wont buy that one but it looks nice.

IMAG0869.jpg

IMAG0871.jpg

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Does it have Streets of Rage?
No,dont think it did.
Reason why I say is I dont think it did is cause I decided to return it.
I tested it and some games didnt quite run full speed.Had to turn down the picture sharpness pretty much all the way too so it blurs over the pixels a bit cause if you turn the sharpness up it really looks bad.
Even tried it on an older CRT TV and was same,not full speed on MK1 or 2 for eg.
Controllers seemed to work OK but the buttons did seem a little clicky. You can ofcourse use genuine wired ones too.
I did think about keeping it anyway but I know it would prob just end gathering dust in corner somewhere.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
No,dont think it did.
Reason why I say is I dont think it did is cause I decided to return it.
I tested it and some games didnt quite run full speed.Had to turn down the picture sharpness pretty much all the way too so it blurs over the pixels a bit cause if you turn the sharpness up it really looks bad.
Even tried it on an older CRT TV and was same,not full speed on MK1 or 2 for eg.
Controllers seemed to work OK but the buttons did seem a little clicky. You can ofcourse use genuine wired ones too.
I did think about keeping it anyway but I know it would prob just end gathering dust in corner somewhere.

You made the right choice. Without Streets of Rage, it's useless :)

Believe it or not, I still have my Genesis hooked up to my HDTV. Though you know me, I'm a purist :) Last time I played it, it did not look bad on it. Colors obviously weren't as sharp as opposed to a tube TV but still very much passable and worked great through the RFU adapter. Though, it is collecting dust. But I'm moving soon and my friends enjoy old games. I think only one controller fully works. Does this company sell controllers that will plug into the original ports?

Dmadman72

I Shall Finish The Game
I was going to post something earlier but I didn't want to burst your bubble. I haven't heard anything positive about the Sega collection. Poor performance, Crappy audio and the fact that only 40 are Sega with the other 40 being added buy the people that built the console. I almost bought one myself but the bad reviews steered me away. I have a Genesis console sitting collecting dust. Just about every day I think of buying NHL 94 and bringing it out of retirement.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I was going to post something earlier but I didn't want to burst your bubble. I haven't heard anything positive about the Sega collection. Poor performance, Crappy audio and the fact that only 40 are Sega with the other 40 being added buy the people that built the console. I almost bought one myself but the bad reviews steered me away. I have a Genesis console sitting collecting dust. Just about every day I think of buying NHL 94 and bringing it out of retirement.

In the same boat my friend. And it's hooked up! And my Genesis games are like 5 feet away from me lol. Honestly, you're better off just buying an old console on eBay or a garage sale. They aren't much and the games are only a couple bucks a pop on top of that.

Sonic1994

I love the genesis, the Dreamcast is my favorite Sega console. I still go online with it using DreamPi/Raspberry Pi

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,

Sonic1994

I been a Nintendo fan for awhile but the past few months I have lost faith and trust in them, Nintendo games are still ok with me but it will be a long time or even never again will I buy a Nintendo console. I'm going to get the hardcore games on PS4 (The games I want)

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements