• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Real Flight Simulator

Another feature I have been nicely surprised about, is the joystick's strenght adjustment: right below there is a big knob that you can rotate and that makes your joystick harder or softer to move.

Look at this picture:

157yr13.jpg

The gamer is not playing neither PS3 nor MFSX but something very similar to Valkyrie (if not Valkyrie itself). Much probably he has configured the controller to suit his game. I didn't try it so far, but the instructions say that, when you download the drivers for Windows, you also get a Control Panel able to "tell" to every button what to do.

I have a gaming mouse like that, it has 15 buttons on the mouse, each I can map to do whatever I want it to do. Great features that allow you to use it the way you want.

Alex_68

Okay, I am so excited that I want to share it with you all... LOL!!

Tired of playing with my MS Flight Simulator X on a 10-years-old-PC (Mac) I purchased the following:

Brand: ASUS 850W 0db
Processor: Intel Core i7
RAM: 16 Gb
Video card GPU: Asus Nvidia GTX970 4Gb
HD SSD 240 Gb & DVD

3x Monitor Asus Gaming 24”
1x Monitor Asus 21,5”
Mad Catz Pro Flight Yoke System

2n0r8yr.png
9k73o2.png
264qdky.png

To be expanded and improved in future.

Last edited:

Alex_68

Nice rig, and wow that is a lot of monitors!

Yes, three for the front + side views and the smaller one for the cockpit. I am also drawing a special desk to hold them all in the correct position. There is nothing on the market at decent prices, so I had to study it by myself, with the help of a friend of mine who very skilled in PC gaming stuffs. I will post a picture once everything is working. In 10-15 days.

Did you look into the VR stuff? I really think that is the future for all this and will change gaming completely, especially simulators. I would imagine a VR headset would be cheaper then 4 monitors and your rig would certainly power an Occulus Rift or HTC Vive.

Alex_68

Did you look into the VR stuff? I really think that is the future for all this and will change gaming completely, especially simulators. I would imagine a VR headset would be cheaper then 4 monitors and your rig would certainly power an Occulus Rift or HTC Vive.

VR is the future for sure but at the moment we're just at the beginning, everything is experimental and nothing is sure nor fixed.

My new equipement is based on the "old" technologies, it's not a big investment at all. I will use Window 7 and FSX, which has came out in 2006. Everything is more than tested and it works fine. I only want to spend some of my free time in relax, by flying toward a nice sunset over the Hawaii mountains, at 10.000 feet altitude, while outside, in the real world, it's raining and the fog surrounds everything is visible. :)

Both things do not exclude each other, of course. I am very curious about VR and I'm sure we will have much fun with such new technology.

Alex_68

This is the result:

2s84nl4.png

It works fine.
We needed half a day to find the right configuration, making 4 monitors work well on Window 7 with FSX which is a 10 years old software.
The PC is really powerful, it allows to play at a resolution of 1820x1080px with 60fps framerate. Everything is very fluid and natural.

:grin

don_bidarian

This is the result:

2s84nl4.png

It works fine.
We needed half a day to find the right configuration, making 4 monitors work well on Window 7 with FSX which is a 10 years old software.
The PC is really powerful, it allows to play at a resolution of 1820x1080px with 60fps framerate. Everything is very fluid and natural.

:grin

Now I need your address. Dont worry, I'll bring whiskey ;)

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements