• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Rate the last PS3 game you played

Cpt Blackadder

Its been a long time but i put God of War Ascention on yesterday, and after nearly a year of concentrating on next gen games, putting God of War back in reminded me just how much well rounded and polished the old gen games were compared to next.

So much detail and effort has been put into the SP part of GOW it was genuinly a joy to play it again, even though Ascention is not my favourite god of war. I put the game on hard and played straight through for hours not really wanting to stop :)

However.

I tried the GOW multiplayer! What a MESS that is. Your character is so small on the screen it's impossible to tell what, or even if your hitting ot doing anything when in a melee with other users. And to top it off it really felt like the game is unbalanced to new people playing to those who have been for a while.

I went 4 entire matches not even getting one solitary kill! One round of 4 free for all, the top player got 17 - 0 and the rest of us were all 0 for somethings...

So because i went 4 rounds without even getting a kill ( and still finished top of my team one round ) it didn't feel welcoming to players so i promptly left

For me the best multiplayer games are the ones where if you haven't got lightning reactions you can still find a way to be effective. With this hack and slash game it's all about reaction... nothing else.

SO i had a round of GRFS MP and although i've not picked it up for about 6 months, first game i still managed to finish second with 6 -10 score because i could find a way to still be of use.

usesoap

Resistance: The Fall of Man.

Even "the normal" diffculty for me was almost hardcore %) The last level was done with swears & anger.
Average game actually. But has to be played

Haze

Wow. Over two months since the last post. Anyway... *blows dust off thread*

Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD - 7/10

Sad to think I liked this more then Black Flag. But it's true. I had a good time with this. Started this early October and then got distracted with the PS4, finally came back to it tonight and finished the story. Didn't really follow the story too well, but the gameplay while not perfect was still fun. Quite a few bugs and glitches I'm afraid (one time, I was swimming on land. Yeah, it was darn funny) but didn't take away my enjoyment. Nothing will ever beat AC: Brotherhood though. Now I'm just playing free-roam, trying to finish all the side missions :)

iamthenight90

The Watcher In The Wings
Wow. Over two months since the last post. Anyway... *blows dust off thread*

Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD - 7/10

Sad to think I liked this more then Black Flag. But it's true. I had a good time with this. Started this early October and then got distracted with the PS4, finally came back to it tonight and finished the story. Didn't really follow the story too well, but the gameplay while not perfect was still fun. Quite a few bugs and glitches I'm afraid (one time, I was swimming on land. Yeah, it was darn funny) but didn't take away my enjoyment. Nothing will ever beat AC: Brotherhood though. Now I'm just playing free-roam, trying to finish all the side missions :)

one time in revepations i jumped over a gap in the caves and physics happened. i overjumped and landed on it but i went head first and hit the floor, while my feet stayed up and slowly went down

Alex_68

Nothing will ever beat AC: Brotherhood though.

I agree with you Haze.
Ezio's saga was the best of AC series in my opinion. The historical environment, the costumes and the characters were really fashinating. I expecially liked it because all the story takes place in my own country, during one of my favourite periods: the Renaissance. Great game, great conceipt.

Last edited:

Haze

Beyond: Two Souls - 7.5/10

Very good game. Emotionally draining, but very glad I played it. Took me a while to actually finish the game as I kept getting distracted by other games but glad I pushed myself to finish it (currently going through the PS3 backlog). Great performances. Most likely not something I'd ever play again as it wouldn't have the same feel a second time. I think Heavy Rain may still be better, but still a close second. One thing that kind of kills it for me is the "ending" and how it is "sequel-bait". I just wish games these days (and films too) would have real happy endings. Not endings that just set-up another instalment. But ah well. Must be getting old :D

don_bidarian

Beyond: Two Souls - 7.5/10

Very good game. Emotionally draining, but very glad I played it. Took me a while to actually finish the game as I kept getting distracted by other games but glad I pushed myself to finish it (currently going through the PS3 backlog). Great performances. Most likely not something I'd ever play again as it wouldn't have the same feel a second time. I think Heavy Rain may still be better, but still a close second. One thing that kind of kills it for me is the "ending" and how it is "sequel-bait". I just wish games these days (and films too) would have real happy endings. Not endings that just set-up another instalment. But ah well. Must be getting old :D
I agree Heavy Rain was much better, but still I enjoyed Beyond Two Souls, cant wait to see what David Cage has for us next!

Haze

Far Cry 3 - 8/10

Played this before on the Xbox 360 when it was first released. But grabbed it when it was a freebie via PS Plus. Played it for about an hour and then quickly got distracted by other games. Came back to it just a couple days ago randomly and couldn't put it down... again. Fantastic game. Cannot wait for Far Cry 4. But giving myself a break before I play that as I don't want to overkill it :) Highly recommended.

Avec

Banned
Trine 2 Complete Story - 9/10 - The Story is full and engaging. Upgrades for Weapons coms at hand on the last Levels. Game is equally good for both ways to play either alone or with someone. Totally Worth the Time.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I streamed Aliens Colonial Marines last night. It was just as crappy as I remembered lol. But several years of separation from it and the disappointment I felt at the time, I actually got sucked in last night. I'd say it's average at best but worth a play through, considering you can get the game for peanuts now. Though I'd like to get it on PC and install the fixes the community did to finish the game lol.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements