• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Rate the last PS3 game you played

Haze

inFamous: Festival of Blood - 8/10

Short and sweet. Really liked this one. Have played it before a couple years back, and it was really good to play it again. I reckon tomorrow I'll be starting Second Son for the second time (no pun intended :p)

Keenir

Child of Light is the latest thing I've played fresh -- 8/10. The style was beautiful, it was a good length for 30 bucks (maybe a little short, but it didn't drag on unnecessarily), and while the rhyming got a little strained at times, it was a cute way to make it feel more like a storybook. Nice to add another game to the 'nonsexualized female protagonist' pile, too.

Replay-wise, I just finished Beyond: Two Souls again (great concept, poor execution, still enjoyable; 7/10), and I'm working my way back through the original Bioshock (gave it a 9/10 back in the day, will probably give it the same this time. I love Infinite, but the original has aged incredibly well).

frankmarco

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends 5/10. I put 5/10 because I'm a big fan on the series since the beginning. But objectively the game deserves 3/10. It's a really fun Beat'em all and if you like chinese history you will be serve. But the game is very repetitive and the graphics are desastrous. Only for the fan.

Link10103

Tales of Symphonia, about 8/10. For a game that is like 10 years old, the remastered edition gave me quite the playthrough. Spent over 30 hours trying to beat it, which was on par with the time it took me to beat Dark Souls 2. I bought the bundle so am now playing Dawn of the New World, which 20 seconds in was already better.

Haze

Call of Duty: Ghosts (Campaign) - 7/10

I am very surprised how much I enjoyed the campaign. Started off slow, but the second half got really going and was very good. I'm not a fan of COD (as I've said before, the last great COD game was Modern Warfare 2) but this campaign I give an exception to. The multiplayer I won't dare touch, but one thing that takes it down to a 7 out of 10 is the ending. It should of ended with the first ending. Would of been perfect. But nope, gotta leave it open for sequels. Thanks Infinity Ward. Ah well.

Haze

Really? Just seems standard CoD campaign to me.
Ive played them all I think I dont think this was any better really.

Why not? Not even try it? For 10 mins even?
I don't know what it was, but the campaign was really good for me.

I've played the multiplayer for about 10 minutes when it first came out. Believe it or not, I play COD for the campaign - not the multiplayer. The community is just nasty. Had nothing but bad experiences.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
I've played the multiplayer for about 10 minutes when it first came out. The community is just nasty. Had nothing but bad experiences.
I can be yes,but thats why you play in a party with a few people,have a chat,have a laugh and mute everyone else ,its often better that way.:)
If you get CoD Advanced Warfare,you WILL join my clan and see :eek:

Haymansafc

After hours of watching Minecraft on the PC/YouTube, I've finally bought the new PS3 Edition.

My thoughts? Superb! It's the first time since started playing and watching Minecraft that I've seen it on a decent sized screen – my TV! As my PS3 isn't and has never been hooked up to the internet, it'll only play the basic/vanilla graphics version which is fair enough. It's also so much more comfortable playing it reclined, rather than sitting essentially bolt up on an office chair. I've been waiting for around three years to play Minecraft like this! It's been a long time coming!

Whilst I've yet to actually explore properly, it seems you get an 'okay' sized map but I can't really can't confirm this for sure as of yet. I've not found an edge/end to either of the maps I've played so far but again, I've spent more time mining and base building at the moment. Away from the PC, I've only ever played the iPod edition and predictably, the map size on that is absolutely woeful. It's hardly worth playing.

Downsides? The controls are a bit conterintinuative in my opinion. When I want to close a chest or move away from being inside the furnace e.t.c, I press triangle. All this does is throw down whatever you’re holding at the time. It’s rather irritating but I'm getting used to how it controls now.

Even on 'easy' mode, there’s several creepers around at night right from day one, so building even a basic base will almost certainly end in you loosing much of what you've gained or dying altogether. It may be worthwhile setting it to 'peaceful' for the first few days and then turning enemies back on. A creeper actually spawned on the roof of my first base despite having a torch high up on three of the four walls. I stayed out that evening (it would have exploded otherwise) but didn’t last long as I had no more torches, couldn’t see a thing and ran straight into another about twenty seconds later that finished me off… In my second base, I just about finished it when the next thing I knew I'd been bounced back to the other side of the base, down to one heart and more than half of my modest base become a crater. A creeper had exploded on the other side of one wall, out of sight…

It's hard to rate this game as you do as you wish in it and it’s not really a game that ever really 'ends' as such. I've always loved Minecraft so it’s great for me…!

Haze

I can be yes,but thats why you play in a party with a few people,have a chat,have a laugh and mute everyone else ,its often better that way.:)
If you get CoD Advanced Warfare,you WILL join my clan and see :eek:
Oh I don't do clans :eek:

Cpt Blackadder

Been playing Bioshock Infinite over the last 3 evenings. Got to say i fail to see what all the fuss is about. Generic FPS that is dull as can be. Got about 4/5 hours in and turned off / deleted to start playing Beyond Good and Evil HD in stead and within the first 5 minutes of that was much more entertained and challanged!

Haze

Medal of Honor: Warfighter - 9/10

I really find it hard to believe so many people hate this game. So much so that EA decided to shelf the series. Why? If we're talking the multiplayer, then sure - it has a few problems. But I really like the multiplayer. Granted I had more fun with the 2010 reboot's mutliplayer, but this one is great too. But the biggest and best thing about this game is its campaign. Absolutely loved it. I actually can't decide which campaign I liked better between this one and the reboot. Played this game when it first released (one out of two games I've ever pre-ordered) on the Xbox 360 and was obsessed with it. Feels really good to play it again. All in all a great game with a great campaign with a moral to the story.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
I liked the the campaigns to both the new MoH games as well. I also like the BF campaigns.Its the CoD campaigns I have a prob with,just dont like them as much for some reason.

Cpt Blackadder

Medal of Honor: Warfighter - 9/10

I really find it hard to believe so many people hate this game. So much so that EA decided to shelf the series. Why? If we're talking the multiplayer, then sure - it has a few problems. But I really like the multiplayer. Granted I had more fun with the 2010 reboot's mutliplayer, but this one is great too. But the biggest and best thing about this game is its campaign. Absolutely loved it. I actually can't decide which campaign I liked better between this one and the reboot. Played this game when it first released (one out of two games I've ever pre-ordered) on the Xbox 360 and was obsessed with it. Feels really good to play it again. All in all a great game with a great campaign with a moral to the story.
I too LOVED MOH warfighter. It was my MP game of choice on the 360. It got hate simply cos it was trying to mucle in on the COD/BF war and wasn't taken seriously as a contender, but frankly was actually quietly an AWSOME game. Did you know Danger Close got shut down ? Shame :(

Cpt Blackadder

Just played this on my PS3, and got it for £2.39. You can get it for the XB360 though.
WHAT A BRILLIANT GAME!
I won't write a full review here, but graphics from previuos generations aside, you get a rich world, wonderful gameplay, great stroy, superb characters, awsome audio tracks, it's just class!

It's a mixture of a lot of Tomb Raider, ( with puzzles ) with Uncharted, with a "star wars" vibe setting. The campaign lasts for just under 13 hours. It was one of those games that i played nothing else until i'd finished it. There's lots of different styles of gameplay too. Puzzles, combat, collectable hunting ( required to progress at one point ) races, boss fights, space ship fighting, hovercraft fighting. There's LOADS, and it's all done really well.

I can not BELIEVE ubisoft never continued with this for the XB360/ps3 generation as its a series that could run and run and really muscle in on the Tomb Raider/Uncharted genre, a genre i particularly love!

Haze

Just played this on my PS3, and got it for £2.39. You can get it for the XB360 though.
WHAT A BRILLIANT GAME!
I won't write a full review here, but graphics from previuos generations aside, you get a rich world, wonderful gameplay, great stroy, superb characters, awsome audio tracks, it's just class!

It's a mixture of a lot of Tomb Raider, ( with puzzles ) with Uncharted, with a "star wars" vibe setting. The campaign lasts for just under 13 hours. It was one of those games that i played nothing else until i'd finished it. There's lots of different styles of gameplay too. Puzzles, combat, collectable hunting ( required to progress at one point ) races, boss fights, space ship fighting, hovercraft fighting. There's LOADS, and it's all done really well.

I can not BELIEVE ubisoft never continued with this for the XB360/ps3 generation as its a series that could run and run and really muscle in on the Tomb Raider/Uncharted genre, a genre i particularly love!

I've heard nothing but good things about this game. Might just have to check it out :)

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!