• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Question: Will my games bought on the PSN Store (ranging from Ps1 to Ps3) be compatible with PS5

TheCreep

I'm particularly keen to keep my resident evil collection (it only goes up to six on my ps3) together on one console, so wondering if thats possible, or do I have to keep the ps3 plugged in if I want to play those store bought, hard drive only games?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
No one knows. It's too early to tell. They haven't talked about Backward Compatibility in detail, yet. There are vague confirmation that PS4 and PS4 Pro are Backward Compatible on PS5.

Here's the tech talk...

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
Going by Sony's past? Keep your PS3 plugged in :) They haven't had a great track record with PS2 and PS3 games being available on new hardware (thanks to the Emotion Engine and Cell for PS2 and PS3 respectively). And they absolutely can have PS1 discs backwards compatible (any PS3 can read PS1 games). Why they didn't do it on PS4 is beyond me. But I think PS4 will be backwards compatible on PS5. Even then, I'm keeping my PS4 plugged in if it is. I don't see any reason to unplug my PS4 :)

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements