• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Question about PS4 and HDMI cable

Tecnikstr0be

had a question..i was removing my ethernet cable from my ps4 and i accidentally touched the hdmi and my screen turned black then i realized and saw the hdmi, i didn't plug it all the way in. will it damage my console if it wasn't plugged all the way in for a while? i plugged it in correctly.

Tecnikstr0be

it just wasnt plugged lal the way in and i slightly touched it and my tv went black as it wasnt receiving signal and i checked and it wasnt plugged in all the way securely and i just plugged it in and the picture came back on. my concern was if it damages the console just leaving it not plugged all the way in

If everything is working fine I don't think you have anything to worry about.

BlackSolaris

Professional Escapologist
I mean, you should always confirm that you have the cables completely in the slot, but that is just so it doesn't disconnect accidentally, but aside from that, if you don't leave the plug half connected for a long time i don't see it causing problems to the hardware.

Tecnikstr0be

I mean, you should always confirm that you have the cables completely in the slot, but that is just so it doesn't disconnect accidentally, but aside from that, if you don't leave the plug half connected for a long time i don't see it causing problems to the hardware.

oh ok thanks for the feedback i was already gonna have a panic attack seriously

Plunkd

Yeah, the only risk you run is that it's not going to have a proper connection, but if your picture was fine then that wasn't an issue.

Speaking of cords being only partially in. Why do optical cables sit the way that they do? It's so frustrating (on the PS3 and Xbox 360 anyways) because every time you move the console the optical cable falls out. Is that still how they're connected on the PS4?

FrostWinds

I also have a question regarding the HDMI but don't think I need to start another thread..

The picture cuts out for about half a second every minute or so(screen tears I guess they're called?). I was having this happen with my 360 but it's also happening on the PS4. It only seems to do this with HDMI. I guess my TV is the problem? Does anyone know what I can do to help fix this? Thanks!

Plunkd

I also have a question regarding the HDMI but don't think I need to start another thread..

The picture cuts out for about half a second every minute or so(screen tears I guess they're called?). I was having this happen with my 360 but it's also happening on the PS4. It only seems to do this with HDMI. I guess my TV is the problem? Does anyone know what I can do to help fix this? Thanks!
Is it the same HDMI cable? If so, I'd say it's the cable or the TV input. Try switching the input, if that doesn't fix it try a different HDMI cable.

FrostWinds

I think it was the cable, I kept using the same one for whatever reason.. Now I'm using the one that came with the PS4 and it's not happening! Thanks man!!

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements