• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Quality of PC Games vs Console Games?

The Unlosing Ranger

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger
PC's will always reign supreme. It's as simple as that. Sure people will say that they cost much more, but honestly you can buy a decent to high range computer for the same price as a console at launch.

You know, when people talk about PC pricing the forget two things:

1) A high-end PC will most likely outlive a console generation. I'm certain that people that got high-end PCs during the last generation are still able to play some of the newer games being released for the new console generation.

2) Games themselves are much cheaper on PC, since there's a lot more frequent and deeper discounts. Games even go on discount for pre-orders. For example, I got Dark Souls 2 for $40 as a pre-order while the console version was still at retail for $60 and I believe others pre-ordered Watch_Dogs for cheaper than console too. Then there's things like the Steam Summer Sale in which people can grab relatively older games for fantastic prices (and even games that aren't as old, Murdered: Soul Suspect was at 50% off, for example). The closest that consoles get is used games and reselling.

When you consider this, I think that PC gaming might actually end up being cheaper in the long run.

RobDaCool

PC's are always going to be better then consoles, I mean if consoles where better then PC's what on Earth would PC gamer's have to brag about?

Annabell

You know, when people talk about PC pricing the forget two things:

1) A high-end PC will most likely outlive a console generation. I'm certain that people that got high-end PCs during the last generation are still able to play some of the newer games being released for the new console generation.

2) Games themselves are much cheaper on PC, since there's a lot more frequent and deeper discounts. Games even go on discount for pre-orders. For example, I got Dark Souls 2 for $40 as a pre-order while the console version was still at retail for $60 and I believe others pre-ordered Watch_Dogs for cheaper than console too. Then there's things like the Steam Summer Sale in which people can grab relatively older games for fantastic prices (and even games that aren't as old, Murdered: Soul Suspect was at 50% off, for example). The closest that consoles get is used games and reselling.

When you consider this, I think that PC gaming might actually end up being cheaper in the long run.

Honestly, I would have to agree with you. Sure, you might spend twice as much on a PC as you would on a console, but that's if you're going for the real high end model. And honestly, you're probably spending a little too much by that point.

However with things like the Steam sales, you can stock up on games every few months or so, and just never buy a full priced game if you're willing to wait that length of time.

Henry

I don't see much difference. I think building your own rig is a better option though. The problem with consoles is that they become outdated very fast, but if you have a pc, you can always upgrade the graphics card, processor, ram memory and motherboard and keep on playing the latest games. My consoles are always gifts, but for pc playing, i always bulid my own rig.

calebmelvern

Like what the others have said, PC gets the advantage when it comes to customization. You can easily get the latest specs and run the newest games with no problems at all. This is my main reason why I prefer gaming on my PC. That said, I have a pretty nice setup. A lot of people find consoles much more relaxing. That's a new discussion though.

SFCable

Both have pros and cons. I personally prefer PC for one reason, you don’t need to pay to play online. it is much better than console gaming.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
Both have pros and cons. I personally prefer PC for one reason, you don’t need to pay to play online. it is much better than console gaming.

True. But that cost is offset, if not more, upgrading your rig every couple years. I started on PC in the 90s but always preferred consoles personally. I just buy the console, plop my bony butt on the couch and go. Plus I prefer using a controller. I'm like a drunk when trying to play with a mouse and keyboard.

Nomad

If you have the best hardware (in terms of graphics, processor, memory, etc.), I think PC games are better in terms of quality. However, building a gaming PC requires a lot of money. Therefore Consoles can be considered the best for value for money

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements